Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bears on my blanket

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 27, 09 at 20:00

I finally finished it. Did it my way. I think it's ok. Thanks for looking. It's in the gallery.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bears on my blanket

I think it turned out really cute. What yarns did you use?

o

For the squares I used Bernat baby coordinates. Hate it
For edging used Caron simply soft. I was dissapointed in it. It came apart really bad and there were lots of bad places in it.
I really thought these yarns were supposed to be good quality. I'll never use them again. Sorry I'll get off my soap box now!!
Is anyone else having trouble with yarn these days??

o

Hi sorie6,

I recently used this wool to crochet a baby blanket....and I absolutely hated it also ~ the wool, not the blanket ~ lol! After putting all the work into it, it looked like crap after washing it before gift giving. I thought it would be nice and cushy for a newborn, but a lot of the "fuzzy" just up and disappeared. What a disappointment.

Will never recommend it to anyone ever.

o

Very nice blanket. I use caron simply soft all the time for baby blankets and afghans and have never had it come apart on me. Maybe it was a bad batch. Write them and complain. One time I had 4 skeins that were wound wrong and I couldn't pull from the side like I usually do so wrote them and they sent me 4 new skeins for my trouble that were wound the correct way. The other yarn I didn't care for either. Mary

o

I've only made one baby blanket using the Caron Simply Soft -- and that was a while ago. I don't recall having any problems with it, though.

My most favorite yarn to use for baby blankets is Dreambaby DK by Plymouth Yarn Company. It is so soft to work with, and once it's washed it's even softer and more cuddly.

I have some Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn, but haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll just set it aside... LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here