Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piano Afghan

Posted by christineny (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 18:51

Hi:

I would like to make my teenage son an afghan for his room. He really enjoys music. Has anyone made an afghan with musical notes or a piano keyboard? I tried searching for one online and found a picture of an afghan that looks nice. It is from Annie's Attic, I believe 1997. Does anyone have Annie's Attic crochet books from 1997?

Thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piano Afghan

I just saw this on the Annie's Attic web site. I like the piano afghan a lot, but I don't crochet... :-(

The pattern is $6.99 (for a booklet with three different patterns, including the piano afghan).

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Afghan from Annie's Attic

o

Hi Chris,
I am sending you an afghan pattern I have that is with a piano keys and notes on it. I have made this, it is beautiful when it is finished. I had to have the graph enlarged, my eyes are not as great as they use to be!!! Let me know if this works for you!!

o

Thanks alot for the suggestions!! I decided to make the Tickle the Ivories afghan. I am just changing the colors around to fit my sons room. The background will be navy, the music sheets will be red and the piano keys will stay the same - black & white.

o

Glad you liked the pattern!! It could work with any color and look great, your son is a lucky man. I made it for a girl in college, who majored in music, she loved it!!!Good Luck to you !!

o

I would love to have a copy of this afghan!!!! my daughter teaches Piano and she would love it!!

o

whats your email??? I will send it on!!!

o

My sister is a music teacher and I have been looking for the perfect gift. Would it be possible to get the pattern as well?

Thank you!

doremi319@yahoo.com

o

Hi scottimom,
post your email, i will be happy to send it along...

o

I would love to try making this afghan. Would it be possible to get the patter as well?
jjenkins30@excite.com

o

I would also love to have the pattern, please.

harmony59@msn.com

o

Hi, Hoping you will send a copy of the piano afghan to me. I love the idea. Never heard of this before. What is the skill level? Any tips in making this one? Thanks so much!

o

Would you forward to my email the pattern for the piano keys afghan? I have a granddaughter that is taking piano lessons and I would dearly love to surprise her with this afghan for Christmas.

Thank you.

carolyn.geoffrey@gmail.com

o

I bought the Annie's Attic pattern for a piano afghan and I must say I have had a hard time understanding the pattern.I'm no slouch when it comes to crocheting.I've been doing it for the past 50 years. If anyone has an easier pattern for a piano afghan I and my grandaughter would just love to have a copy or buy a copy.

Thank you so much
judithn@hotmail.com

o

i would love the knitted piano keys afghan pattern, if possible.

kattalyna@hotmail.com

o

I too, would love to have this pattern. I taught music for years and think it would be fun to have it.

aledor1@hotmail.com
Thank you!

o

Here it is!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Keys Afghan

o

I hate to get on the bandwagon but I love to have this pattern please as I just adore playing my piano and a music lover. Thank you.

rachaelbirch2007@hotmail.co.uk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here