Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christineny_gw

Piano Afghan

christineny
15 years ago

Hi:

I would like to make my teenage son an afghan for his room. He really enjoys music. Has anyone made an afghan with musical notes or a piano keyboard? I tried searching for one online and found a picture of an afghan that looks nice. It is from Annie's Attic, I believe 1997. Does anyone have Annie's Attic crochet books from 1997?

Thanks..

Comments (21)

• Lindsey_CA
    15 years ago

I just saw this on the Annie's Attic web site. I like the piano afghan a lot, but I don't crochet... :-(

The pattern is $6.99 (for a booklet with three different patterns, including the piano afghan).

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Afghan from Annie's Attic

• pandora429
    15 years ago

Hi Chris,
    I am sending you an afghan pattern I have that is with a piano keys and notes on it. I have made this, it is beautiful when it is finished. I had to have the graph enlarged, my eyes are not as great as they use to be!!! Let me know if this works for you!!

• christineny
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks alot for the suggestions!! I decided to make the Tickle the Ivories afghan. I am just changing the colors around to fit my sons room. The background will be navy, the music sheets will be red and the piano keys will stay the same - black & white.

• pandora429
    15 years ago

Glad you liked the pattern!! It could work with any color and look great, your son is a lucky man. I made it for a girl in college, who majored in music, she loved it!!!Good Luck to you !!

• scottiemom
    15 years ago

I would love to have a copy of this afghan!!!! my daughter teaches Piano and she would love it!!

• pandora429
    15 years ago

whats your email??? I will send it on!!!

• doremi319_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

My sister is a music teacher and I have been looking for the perfect gift. Would it be possible to get the pattern as well?

Thank you!

doremi319@yahoo.com

• pandora429
    15 years ago

Hi scottimom,
    post your email, i will be happy to send it along...

• jjenkins30
    15 years ago

I would love to try making this afghan. Would it be possible to get the patter as well?
    jjenkins30@excite.com

• harmony59
    15 years ago

I would also love to have the pattern, please.

harmony59@msn.com

• pearlzofwisdom
    15 years ago

Hi, Hoping you will send a copy of the piano afghan to me. I love the idea. Never heard of this before. What is the skill level? Any tips in making this one? Thanks so much!

• suzyjune
    15 years ago

Would you forward to my email the pattern for the piano keys afghan? I have a granddaughter that is taking piano lessons and I would dearly love to surprise her with this afghan for Christmas.

Thank you.

carolyn.geoffrey@gmail.com

• judithn_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I bought the Annie's Attic pattern for a piano afghan and I must say I have had a hard time understanding the pattern.I'm no slouch when it comes to crocheting.I've been doing it for the past 50 years. If anyone has an easier pattern for a piano afghan I and my grandaughter would just love to have a copy or buy a copy.

Thank you so much
    judithn@hotmail.com

• kattalyna_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

i would love the knitted piano keys afghan pattern, if possible.

kattalyna@hotmail.com

• Babka NorCal 9b
    12 years ago

Here it is!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Keys Afghan

• RachB
    12 years ago

I hate to get on the bandwagon but I love to have this pattern please as I just adore playing my piano and a music lover. Thank you.

rachaelbirch2007@hotmail.co.uk

• lorettadilworth
    8 years ago

hello looking for a piano link

• Krystal Willes
    8 years ago

i have the annies attic one, willing to share....

looking for these two if any one has them to share...

• Karen McNamara
    8 years ago

i would love a copy of the patterns please kiamba9@optusnet.com.au

• emom4321
    6 years ago

Hello Krystal,

I've been looking for the pattern for the top afghan you have pictured, and can't find it anywhere. If you still have it and would be willing to share, I'd love to make it! Thanks so much!

Julie

Emom4321 at aol.com

Sponsored
More Discussions