Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommalin

'doggie' afghan

mommalin
14 years ago

My granddaughter calls my husband "doggie".Not sure how she came up with this but it's cute. Is there an afghan like bears on my blanket but "doggies" on my blanket?

Comments (5)

• Cougar1
    14 years ago

I don't know of one already made up, but possibly you could take a dog motif and incorporate it into your own blanket. There is one for this sweater done in stockinette stitch you could practice with and see if it works
    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70554AD.html

Don't know if you can use the same motif for crochet or not.

• mommalin
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you. I have some graphs that a friend suggested but I might be able to use the bears and start from there.I'm in the planning stages right now because the MM kit seems too blue for a little girl.

• mommalin
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I am still trying to make these bears look like dogs. I've tried changing the ears but it's just not right. I even added some fun fur but nope. Anyone have any suggestions?

• calicokitty
    14 years ago

This Puppy Love Afghan from Annie's Attic looks easy enough to create without a pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Puppy Love Afghan

• profsusan
    14 years ago

You should probably try one of the dog graphs you have or find a picture you like and then convert it to a graph using this link - works great

you could also search for graph patterns of Snoopy

Here is a link that might be useful: KnitPro

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions