Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet: Slanted Shell Stitch yarn question...

Posted by krissie (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 12:37

I am in the process of making a baby blanket using the "Slanted Shell Stitch" and Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. The yarn has a shiny thread twisted along with the yarn.

The shell pattern is not showing up like I thought it would. Is this normal for most stitches using this yarn? Are my results due to using a "bumpy texture" yarn?

Would love suggestions for fast, simple, but pretty stitches to use with this yarn for charity baby blankets.

Mission Arlington gave me many skeins of yarn and I need to make as many as possible in a short period of time.

All suggestions welcome!

Krissie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet: Slanted Shell Stitch yarn question...

Krissie - Just read your "so sad" posting also. Here's a very popular crochet site that you might like. Free to join and you will get good answers to any questions. Lots of pictures too :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochetville

o

I use the sideways shell pattern for baby blankets and it works up nice. Maybe this is similar to the stitch you are doing and would work better. I have not used this pattern with that yarn though but give it a try. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: sideways shell stitch

o

Acraftylady,

Thanks for the Sideways Shell Baby Afghan pattern. I will try this on the next baby afghan.

I have a finished crochet cap I want to copy and maybe this is the stitch that was used.

Krissie

o

Glad you liked it. Mary

o

thanks for this pattern I did a test block and will now make a throw thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here