Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

cute new varigated yarn color

sheilajoyce_gw
15 years ago

I saw a color called Giggle in a TLC Red Heart sport yarn at the store and just had to try it. So I bought one skein and made another BSJ with it. The colors are bright and so cute for a child's sweater--pink, coral, teal, blue,lime green, yellow, chartruse, lavender, and honey. Definitely a girl color with the lavender, pink, and coral.

I had just enough yarn to make a BSJ sweater using size 4 needles and I lengthened the sleeves and added an Icord collar too.

Comments (12)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Well, Sheila, where is the picture? Come on, don't tease.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gee, Donna, I don't have a camera that can post pictures. Technologically challenged and deprived. Otherwise, I would. But it is cute. BSJ sweaters look great in strong varigated yarns and in deeper colors in stripes.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Sheila, I'm only marginally more advanced than you. DH has a great camera, but I don't want to even touch it. So, I always have to wait until he's ready to take pictures for me. In a pinch, I've just put small items on my scanner and "snapped" them that way, LOL.

I keep saying that one of these days I am going to try my hand at a BSJ. But I've committed myself to actually finish the Delft Delight afghan that I started about 3 years ago. Now that it is summertime there's not a lot of knitting I can do for the baby, because who knows how much he'll grow before next winter comes?

My next project for him (9 months old now) will be gloves. Seriously. Not mittens, gloves. Am I crazy?

• sheilajoyce_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have some suggestions that have been printed online for making the BSJ in various sizes by using larger yarn and needles. He would be able to wear the worsted weight sweater with size 6 to 9 needles, depending on how tight you knit. And if it is too small, then you have a baby gift set aside for the next gift you need.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

You're right, of course, Sheila. I have those suggestions as well. I'm trying very hard to finish up some UFOs though, and you are not being very helpful, LOL. And it does seem that no sooner do I finish something that is not intended for a particular recipient than I find out someone's pregnant or just had a baby, so it doesn't hurt to have something done ahead of time.

I WILL finish the Delft Delight. I WILL finish the Delft Delight. I WILL finish the Delft Delight. I WILL finish the Delft Delight. I WILL finish the Delft Delight......

• sheilajoyce_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This next 12 months promises to be a fertile year for many I know too. Therefore, I will be doing baby things lots when I really need to attack that unfinished tablecloth for son's friend. I am chicken, but need to disassemble it some and then rearrange the motifs and start adding my own. I need a dose of courage, and I will definitely get to it this year.

• damascusannie
    15 years ago

Donna--I have a friend who knits gloves. They really aren't any more difficult than mittens, but are more time consuming. I'm thinking of knitting a pair out of sock wool for myself this fall. I have small hands with short fingers and I have a heck of a time finding gloves that really fit.

Annie

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Annie, I've knit several pair of gloves. I'm just wondering how crazy it is to knit them for a baby less than a year old.

I also have trouble finding gloves to fit. I'm deformed, LOL. Most people's little finger comes to about the second joint on their ring finger and mine barely goes past the first. So store bought gloves that fit the rest of my hand have a nearly empty little finger.

I usually use the "Hooray For Me Glove" pattern, and highly recommend it.

• queenpalm
    15 years ago

If I may ask, what is a BSJ sweater. The yarn sounds great. Thanks.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

It is a Baby Surprise Jacket, designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman, knit all in one piece, looks like a jumbled mess while you're working on it, magically transforms when you sew the shoulders together.

• queenpalm
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the answer. As soon as I saw it I had a big DUH. I don't know why I couldn't figure that out. Thanks for helping me through my brain freeze.

• socks
    15 years ago

Check the link to see Giggle. Charming colors, and that sweater must be very sweet.

There's Giggle and Giggle Multi. They both look "multi" to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll down for a Giggle!

Sponsored
More Discussions