Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby blanket complete

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 14 at 11:27

I didn't realize I was going to be invited to a baby shower so I had short notice. Fortunately crochet is fast and baby blankets are small. This pattern was super easy, and I like the added triangle in the corner which acts like a hood to keep baby's head warm.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby blanket complete

Annie, that's so pretty! What is the pattern?

I'm currently knitting a baby blanket, just to use up the yarn. I acquired a bunch of skeins of fingering weight in ivory with a shiny thread woven in.

Donna

o

Just adorable! All of a sudden there is a plethora of pregnant women in my immediate circle. Just finished a blanket and hat for a coworker and another blanket and hat for a friend of my daughter. I have a niece and a cousin, both expecting and just found out that my son and daughter-in-law are having their first in November. I still have much work to do!

I love to see what you all are making. You are inspiring.

o

I'm linking to the pattern below...it was free on line.

Only thing is I didn't like that they did just plain double crochet for the hood part so I made it continuing the pattern, then I did a shell stitch border.

Here is a link that might be useful: hooded baby blanket

o

My bad...I accidentally linked to the knit version.
Here is the link to the crochet version...

Here is a link that might be useful: hooded baby blanket

o

Beautiful! You must crochet fast, it would take me forever lol!

o

That turned out great. I have done that blanket and it can be done in a weekend. Getting ready to start it in pink today as I need it for next weekend and I like your idea of changing it up so may steal that idea if you don't mind. Mary

o

Have at it, and post a pic of the finished product...I'd love to see it.

o

Got it started. Can you tell me how you did your shell for the edging please. Mary

o

I used a HDC shell edging as I didn't want it too large given the size of the blanket.

To do the hood in the same pattern as the blanket, I chained the length I wanted along one edge then worked in the pattern, stopping short every other row by one "bobble" if you will to create a right triangle. The edge where I stopped short created like a scalloped edge so I didn't bother to use the shell stitch on that at all.

I used the shell edging to attached the chain edge along one side of the corner and the straight side along the other to make the hood.

Here is a link that might be useful: shell edging

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 8:58

o

Thanks for the instructions. It looks so pretty that way. Mary

o

Be sure to post a pic when you finish it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here