Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toe down socks...W & T (Wrap and Turn)

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Mon, May 4, 09 at 2:41

I've ripped this heel out now and decided to start over (where ever I read about life lines I thank them so much right now!!!) I'm making my 2nd or 3rd pair of toe up socks and am stuck on the wrap and turn. The directions seem different and I'm getting confused. I don't know if I knit too long today or if the directions are just confusing.

(I've included the link to the sock

Here are the directions for the wrap and turn:
W&T Wrap and turn. Bring yarn to front of work between
needles, slip next stitch to the right needle, bring yarn
around this stitch to back of work, slip stitch back to the left
needle, Turn your work to begin working back in the other
direction and slip the wrapped stitch unworked from the left
to right needle

Soooo here's where I'm confused....my yarn is on my left needle, I slip it to the right..great got it. slip it back to the left, got it...turn my work around..got it...that makes my slipped stitch on the RIGHT now...so are my directions just off here when it states...SLIP THE WRAPPED STITCH UNWORKED FROM THE LEFT TO THE RIGHT NEEDLE. Shouldn't it read...slip the wrapped stitch unworked from the right (formerly left) to the right needle?

Vickey

Here is a link that might be useful: Swan Song to-up Sock

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toe down socks...W & T (Wrap and Turn)

If you don't get help here, go to knittinghelp.com to ask.

o

Vickey, did you get this figured out? If not, I can try it this weekend and see if I can get it to work.

By the way, I learned to knit and purl backwards last weekend! I never could figure out how you knit backwards, now I know!

Tami

o

I figured out the pattern, but I'm sure the direction is wrong, I followed the directions...I'll have to do the other sock wrong too, and next time just do what I KNEW I should have done. WHy do I doubt myself? WHy, Why, Why????

Knitting backwards is fun...but only if there isn't a pattern involved, that's what I found out. And since I've also found I LOVE patterns, I don't knit backwards as much. But just knowing I CAN is fun too!!!

Vickey-MN

o

Bless your heart. I'm working on crocheting socks from the toe up and had to have help with the heel. After I got help it was easy to do. I have finished the one sock and am started on the mate now. I found amazing help on Ravelry, have you ever been there? It is a knitting and crocheting forum with amazing people there and free patterns and just loads of help. I love it! You go to the site and ask for an invitation and in three or four days they send you one. Good luck with your socks.
Patricia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here