Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Here is the Shining Star

donna_loomis
15 years ago

The pattern called for one variegated yarn, but I happened to have three self striping colors that I picked up at Big Lots last year and decided to use them instead. I like the result. Not my favorite baby blanket, but I like it. Looks tropical to me. I just finished it last night and found out this evening that a prior neighbor had a baby a month ago. They happened to be in the neighborhood tonight so I bagged it and it's already gone.

Comments (12)

• mommytomany
    15 years ago

I think this is a very nice blanket. Was it easy to make?

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It was very easy. And mindless. It's all single crochet until the edging, which isn't actually part of the pattern, but I added it because the yarn and hook I used made a blanket considerably smaller than I wanted.

• FLYONAWALL
    15 years ago

Very interesting pattern, Donna. I like it!

• profsusan
    15 years ago

Donna, I like the look of the bright colors and I think you could do some real interesting things with the pattern. Please send me a copy! No time now to work on it since I am still working on the U Michigan afghan for DIL for her June birthday -- the afghan stitch is making my hands cramp and I can only do a few rows at night - 150 stitches x 220 rows and I am only on row 113....it may be delayed since I'll be in CA for a week with my daughter in mid-June and do not plan to take that project on the plane. Maybe that would be the time to work on the Shining Star - more babies coming this fall!

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's on its way.

• bonniebee_2007
    15 years ago

Hi Donna, thanks for all the patterns and help you have given me in the past. I really love this afghan and pattern, would you mind sharing it with me. My email address is bonnies_circ@dailynews.net. Thanks in advance.
    Happy Mothers Day, Bonnie from Kansas

• junef
    15 years ago

Donna, Thanks a bunch for the pattern, by the way your colors are much nicer.

Thanks again, June

• tami_ohio
    15 years ago

Wow, Donna! It's beautiful! I really like the results of the self striping. I have only seen that kind of yarn in sock yarn. It's also nice to see you are back among the crocheting! How is your arm?

Tami

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Got the cast off yesterday. See my "other" post about it, LOL.

• ladybuglove
    15 years ago

Hi Donna glad your cast is off. Sorry it still hurts but with time it will get better.
    I hope you dont mind but I would also like a copy of this pattern. thanks

• happy-knitter
    15 years ago

Hi Donna:
    Glad to hear that the cast is OFF. Pysio, will help and after a few sessions with them, the pain will be gone. Are you willing to share the "Star Afghan" pattern with me and the colours. I love the design.
    Email to: pah@gaphinz.com Thanks and hope you will soon be back to the Crafts you love best. Patricia

• timberframe4us
    15 years ago

I'd love to have that too. It reminds me of a quilt pattern.

Is the pattern one that you can post here? If not, can you post a source for it?

Sarah

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions