Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, what do you think about this?

Posted by rwisniew (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 18:12

Hi!

I always get the best advice/suggestions/ideas from you guys, so here are two things I want to run past you!

1) I made this speed ear flat hat (link below), I didn't like the Speed Hook S, so I used a P and it turned out pretty good. I loved the color combination and it was easier than I thought it would be to work with 4 strands of yarn. BUT, I didn't like the ear flaps being seperate pieces, too many ends to tuck under. Do you know of a pattern that is just all one piece?

2) Remember the Yellow Bubbles Baby Blanket thread? How do you think this combo of colors and yarn would work using that pattern?

thanks for any thoughts and input!

Sherri W.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lion Brand Speed hook Earflap hat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, what do you think about this?

It's a little hard to see the cap in detail. Do you mean you make the flaps and then sew them on? I haven't seen a pattern like this before

o

No, you don't make them seperately (worded that wrong in first post), but you finish off the main part then start each flap itself, so you have so many ends to tuck in.........the more I keep looking at it the more I like it and think maybe the work is worth it, but would really like to find one that just starts at one end and finishes up at the other! :-) I don't like to experiment, but I might if no one knows of a pattern to follow! :-)

o

I haven't used the speed hooks but I've made a few of these types of hats - here's the link to two. I like the Annie Modesitt Chullo hat and also the Mountain Hat. The mountain hat is easy but the chullo hat has character.

With both I have played around with hook sizes so I can use it for children, teens and adults. I have used some Red Heart Super Saver and also Homespun (nice & soft) - solids or ombres. They work up fast and everyone loves them.

Hope these help.

o

thanks for the input all! Donna too! :-)

Sherri W.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here