Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have a question

Posted by mamalo3 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 18:03

what does GOURMET CROCHET mean. and what is COUTURE CROCHET. i have no clue... if its a technique or look... i really would like to know.... so if anyone could help me out i thank you very much.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have a question

Never heard of them.

o

Gourmet Crochet is basically a "brand" name, like "Annie's Attic". I think Couture Crochet is just a brand name also.

o

thanks donna. if you find out anything else about either one of these. i will be interested in finding out...agin thank you lois....

o

Lois, not sure what specifically you want to know. I have a couple of Gourmet Crochet patterns, if you are interested. One is for a topsy turvey doll, another for a rather ugly (in my opinion) doll, and another is for cupcakes - which looks almost good enough to eat.

o

donna i would like to try them only if you have the time to email me the patterns i really don't wont to be a bother. but thank you sooooo much for answering my question... lois

o

Lois, I'd be happy to send you the pattern. Email at home is erratic at the moment - I seem to be able to send, but receiving is sometimes tricky. We're working with our provider to determine the problem. You can try sending me an email at home (mudpie@thegraphiczone.net) with Gourmet Crochet in the subject line and if I get it I'll send you the patterns. Or you can sen me an email at work (donna@goscott.com) and when I get in tomorrow I'll get them to you. Or you can post your email here for me to find when I check in later tonight.

o

sure donna, my email is gwagwa96@aol.com thanks.. lois

o

never heard of Gourmet Crochet but Couture Crochet is the name of one of Lily Chin's books (I received a copy for a Xmas gift). Couture usually means high-end fashion, one of a kind, custom-fitted, specially made, etc. A French fashion term.

o

profsusan..i just ordered the book ...can't wait to get it...oh my email address is gwagwa96@aol.com.if you come across the wedding gown pattern thanks again....lois

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here