Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a scrap afghan pattern

Posted by thecook (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 17:55

I am helping my mother look for an afghan pattern she made about 20 years ago. It looks like a pinwheel made of multi colors in each square. She would crochet a strip, each about 4 rows wide then the center crochet would gather them into a circle. The pinwheel was inside a square and the squares were joined as you go. I don't crochet much so this is mot the best description. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a scrap afghan pattern

Can't help, but I bet someone here knows what you are talking about. Or you could google it.

o

Is this the one? Complete with instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinwheel afghan

o

I probably am not describing this right. Maybe I should say instead of a pinwheel it is a complete cicrle fan design. Each strip of the fan was a different color with a circle in the middle. The crochet circle pulled the strips together. Sorry I can't give a better description. Thank you for looking anyway

o

I think I know exactly what pattern you are talking about. I remember seeing them made with several colors (sort or like a rainbow) for the circle, and almost always put together with black for the center of each circle and black to complete the squares. I think I may even have the pattern in one of my older books. I will take a look tonight and see what I can come up with.

o

That sounds like the right pattern. The center was black along with the outer square. My mother is in her 80's and wants to make this for a greatgrandchild, so I hope you can help. Thanks

o

Cook, I'm sorry. I looked through all of my large books last night. I didn't find the pattern. I may have been mistaken about having it. The book that I thought it would be in had another granny type afghan using the rainbow variegated and black, but not the specific one you are looking for. I'd be happy to email this pattern to you if you are interested. Also, I still have my many digest sized books to look through. I'll try to start that this evening.

o

Thanks for trying. My mom has her heart set on this pattern, so I guess I'll keep looking

o

I have the pattern your looking for it is called "Color Wheels" Please email me.

o

Thanks! email on the way

o

The pattern appears to be for sale on Ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: COLOR WHEEL AFGHAN Crochet Pattern

o

That is a very pretty afghan, has the same name as the one I have , but it's Not the same pattern.

o

You can go on www.AnniesAttic.com or www.Maggiescrochet.com and order the pattern for $7.99.
Hope this will help you out.
God Bless You

o

I have the pattern, I am sure. The border part is missing, but the instructions match what is being described. I would like a photo of the afghan if anyone has such.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here