Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vijk_gw

Baby Sweaters.

vijk
16 years ago

Can anyone tell me where I might find the pattern for the following baby sweaters.

1. Beribboned baby sweater.

2. Tulip baby sweater.

3. Dream in color baby sweater.

4. February baby sweater.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. you can email me at.

vijack2001@yahoo.ca

Comments (19)

• damascusannie
    16 years ago

Where did you see these originally?

Annie

• pandora429
    15 years ago

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/yvettes-sweater.html
    If you go to this website, you will find a version of the beribbioned sweater.
    Happy knitting!!

• vijk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I orginally saw pictures on a blog of these sweaters.
    Thank you Pandora, I'll check it out

• mommytomany
    15 years ago

I am a huge fan of baby sweaters. They are one of my favorite things to knit so naturally when I seen your post, I went searching and this is what I came up with. The link above is a good one for the beribboned sweater look-alike, I actually like it better than the original.

The Tulip sweater and the Dream in Color sweater are one in the same. Dream in color is actually the brand of yarn used to make the Tulip Sweater. You can see this at dreamincoloryarn.com. Below is a link where you can purchase the Tulip Baby Sweater pattern for like $4.00.

As for the February Baby Sweater (LOVE IT!) that pattern belongs to Elizabeth Zimmerman (designer of the Baby Surprise Jacket) and can be found in the Knitter's Almanac.

I don't currently have the Tulip Baby Sweater or the February Baby Sweater but would love to add them to my collection. If you should acquire them before I do, would you be so kind as to share them with me?

I hope this info is of assistance to you and good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buy Tulip Baby Sweater Pattern

• vijk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you mommy, for the info, I too love to make baby things especially sweaters. If I become the owner of these sweater patterns I will surely share.Think I will try the look- a- like for the beribboned sweater for now.

• mommytomany
    15 years ago

I was thinking I would like to try that one too as soon as my current projects are complete. I tend to overload my plate with projects. Right now, I'm getting ready to knit a cute little number for my daughter. She wants it for her 5th grade graduation. Then I'm test knitting a pattern, and I'm trying to knit a blanket for my nephew. Anyway, when/if you decide to make it do send pictures, I would love to see them.

• vijk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll be going to the trailer the 15th of May.We camp all summer , and use it as a home base for my Hubby's work .It won't be until the fall before I'll get back to post pic's .But I will then. And that is a definate project.
    Hope to have many more projects done then also, thanks to a very nice lady on this form.

• Crafty Gardener
    15 years ago

Thanks for the link to the tulip sweater pattern. I had just posted a message about it.

• socks
    15 years ago

I've just graduated to socks but would like to try a baby sweater.

Mommy (or anyone here) do you think either the Tasias Cardigan or the Buttons Cardigan on the link you provided would be a good starter sweater?

What is the best yarn for baby sweaters? Acrylic? I was thinking cotton might be too stiff and not stretchy enough, and wool might be itchy.

• mommytomany
    15 years ago

I think both of them look like great sweaters for beginners. Baby sweaters aren't nearly as difficult as one might think. As far as the yarn goes, any kind of baby yarn is perfect. I tend to use Bernat Baby Softee. It's really soft, light weight and and machine washable. If you have any difficutly making your sweater don't hesitate to ask questions, I, myself, would LOVE to help!

• socks
    15 years ago

Thanks, Mommy. I wish you lived next door to me! I guess the reason I fear sweaters is because I know the finishing seams can make or break a sweater's appearance, and I think I might not do it well. I could take it to the local yarn shop for help doing a neat job.

• mommytomany
    15 years ago

I used to feel the same way about seaming that you do. It's really quite easy when you understand how to do it. My first few garments didn't turn out so good but now I'm confident in them. I found a great book in the library called "All stitched Up". It gave me a greater understanding for seams. My only problem still is picking up stitches for the neckband. LOL I recently made a dress for a baby girl in the family and the neckband was so tight it would fit over her head! Oh well, I got the dress back and intend on fixing the problem by creating an opening on the shoulder.

Local Yarn Shops are a great resource from what I hear.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

If you hate seaming, try making the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. You make it all in one piece and have to sew shut only the shoulder to cuff seam on each side and that's it. It is all knit except the cast off which is purl. See the BSJ discussions here and Google it too. The pattern is available in some of her books, so check the library, or order the pattern only or her books from School House Press.

You can also knit sweaters with raglan sleeves, and then the seam that will need attention is the sleeve from the cuff to the armhole.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

Here is a free pattern I found when I Googled the Baby Surprise Jacket. You might enjoy trying it.

Here is a link that might be useful: mitered jacket or cardigan

• socks
    15 years ago

Thank you, Sheila.

• jud1
    15 years ago

Please can anyone help me with the above pattern. I live in UK & its difficult to find here
    Many thanks
    judith

• pandora429
    15 years ago

Judith, post your email and I will pdf the file and send it to you!!
    Marlene

• jud1
    15 years ago

Hi Marlene - email is judith@jcconline.co.uk

Thankyou so much
    judith

• pandora429
    15 years ago

the pattern is on its way, minus the pictures. somehow, they just disappeared!! :)
    enjoy !!!
    Marlene

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions