Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grannytme

wedding gift/crocheted afghan

grannytme
13 years ago

I want to make my 3 DGD an afghan to be put away and given to them when they get married. I probably won't be here, age you know! So far I have made them EACH 1 granny square afghan, 1 flower afghan, 1 baby blanket and now I want to do this.

they are 14, 7 and 6.

I would like some of your ideas for color and pattern. Should it be white, cream, brown etc...

Comments (14)

• oilpainter
    13 years ago

Google double wedding ring afghan. You can do it in white with each girls favorite color

• grannytme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been away and just saw your gorgeous afghan! WOW!!!! what a treasure!
    I hope they are mindful of what you think of them and how much love went into making the wonderful keepsake. Think of the stitches!!!
    That is sure a winner.
    Thank you for offering to send me the pattern, I don't think I would have enough time to finish it.

• jollyrd
    13 years ago

Thank you. You know you dont always have to do the afghan exactly as it is designed. You can just take one element and leave out the rest, - so you could do one whole blanket as opposed to separate panels; you could just do one angel in the center area and just put hearts in various spots on the afghan. And you dont have to do it with afghan hook or those bubbles - you can do what's comfortable for you. I like to alter the design and make it as I want to. But I need the design to start with.
    so you are still welcome to ask for the design

• moonphase
    13 years ago

This is a wonderfull Idea.I have that feeling I will not be around when my youngest grand daughter is grown either and this would be a wonderful thing to do.thank You grannytime.jollyrd.I would like this pattern from you.Hopefully I can do this.Will have to check into an afgan hook,It's been a while since I have crocheted anything in this magnitude though.
    moonphase

• sheilajoyce_gw
    13 years ago

That afghan is lovely. I crocheted a wedding afghan that was rows of hearts made with the popcorn stitch like that, but it was done in 2 colors. It was one of Vanna White's patterns.

• shambelle
    13 years ago

Hi Jollyrd: I have been looking for an ANGEL pattern for a long time and never came across one. Would you be willing to share? It is such a beautiful afghan.
    Thanks

• sondra8nanny
    12 years ago

I made several of these awhile back and now I can't find my pattern. Please help me. I'll buy the book if I can. Any info would be appreciated

• cosmello
    12 years ago

To jollyrd the wedding afghan is gorgeous. could you email me the pattern, How can i contact jollyrd thanks so much rose potter

• bevinpa
    12 years ago

jollyrd your angel afgan is fantastic where did u find the pattern any info would be appreciated thanks bevinpa@yahoo.com

• ZaJean
    9 years ago

I would love to have this pattern. Is there any way you could email or mail it to me please. AmyHerndon72@aol.com

• Sherri Waddell
    8 years ago

would love the pattern too ziggydust67@yahoo.com

• Lindsey_CA
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

There used to be a "warning" at the top of the home page of this Knitting & Crocheting forum before GardenWeb joined Houzz. It is against copyright law to share patterns. If you want the pattern that JollyRD shows in the photos, you can get it in the Leisure Arts #108205, Herrschners Blue-Ribbon Afghans booklet, which is available on Amazon.com.

• Sherri Waddell
    8 years ago

i would love the pattern please ziggydust67@yahoo.com

Sponsored
More Discussions