Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Posting photos in a message

Posted by babka (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 14:58

In a different message, Crochetmama asked how to post a photo in a message. I answered there, but so that more people could see it, I'm starting a new thread here.

Posting photos is easier than crocheting!!! Are you familiar with copy and paste? That is all it really is. You need to have the photo on the internet somewhere, then you copy it and paste it to the forum.
Go to Photobucket.com and set up your own account. It is free. There are other photo places too if you go searching.

Then upload your photos(they give you instructions). They even will allow you to re-size them in case they are too big (megabite-wise) to easily load on computers.

Once you have the photo there, you put your mouse on the photo and options appear below it. Left click on "HTML" and a little word "copied" will appear.

Then go to the crochet forum and type your message. Hit enter a couple times to give a little space between what you are writing and the photo you will be placing.

Right click where your cursor appears and then left click the word paste. Voila! You should see a few lines of code.

Then preview your message. If YOU can see the photo, everyone else will too. If you don't, you messed up somewhere and need to try it again. Just don't hit the "submit message" until you get it right. No one else will see your mistakes while you are practicing with previews.

Try it and see.

-Babka

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Posting photos in a message

Great that you posted this. I knew how to do this but some people don't. I prefer webshots as photobucket gives me fits and doesn't like me. Also if you move the photo to another album then the link will de bead and the photo won't show up. Mary

o
RE: Posting photos in a message

I'm glad you posted this because maybe now more people will take pix of their work to share.

That said--when I use photobucket and click on the HTML for the photo, it highlights the HTML but does not copy it. I have to do Control C myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here