Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: instuctions on a crocheted cross

Posted by missy11 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 2, 09 at 14:50

I am looking for some instuctions for a crocheted bookmark cross... I recieved years ago and it had a card attached... One of our local churchs handed them out at some event... anyway I have search the web for a pattern and have had no luck finding one...
the card attached reads:
the little cross
Down the center are 13 shells for Christ and the 12 Apostle's
Right side has 3 shells for the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
Left side has 3 shells for the 3 days in the tomb.
The tassel chain and tassel has 33 stiches and threads for Christs age when he was crucified.

I hope someone can help me out... I can post a pic if needed on the cross I have..
Missy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: instuctions on a crocheted cross

Missy, give this site a try, it's got everything imaginable on it. http://www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet/

Jill

o

Did you ever find this? I would love to find a pattern like this either free or to buy. Mary

o

No I didn't ever find the pattern yet... I have search High and Low.... I guess I will have to post a picture so that maybe someone can figure it out... I can do the shells just don't know how to add the sides... I am leaving to go to my daughters track meet so I will post a picture when I get home...
Missy

o

this one is pretty close to what you describe and I think you could make the necessary adjustments for what you want

Here is a link that might be useful: Cross Bookmark

o

I will ask at my prayer shawl group Wednesday and see if anyone has this. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here