Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Crochet pattern for arm chair covers

Posted by secapps (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 19, 06 at 14:46

I have some chair covers and I would like to make more, but don't have the pattern. I have a picture of them and would like something similar. Doesn't have to be exact, but I want the rectangular/square shape.

The design is not as important, but I did not want a more open design. I want to cover the arm rest as much as possible.

I see that some people had added pictures to their posts, but I have not figured that out yet. I know how to do it in the gallery section, but not in the regular message section. I will put the pictures in the gallery section.

I will include a link to the gallery. If that doesn't work the pictures are under arm chair covers in the gallery

Thanks, Susie

Here is a link that might be useful: arm chair covers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Crochet pattern for arm chair covers

Susie, I have several vintage crochet leaflets and there are lots of armchair coverings. I will look tonight after work and see what I can come up with that isn't too open or lacy and is rectangular in shape.

o
arm chair covers

Well, I found two books with armchair coverings. All are a bit more open than the one you pictured. I could scan some of the photos and email them to you if you like. The one you have doesn't look like it would be hard to duplicate, though. I could help you figure out the pattern for it if you like.

o

look at the Free Patterns site under crochet-home decor. There are a few different patterns that you can use. Registration is free - the only thing that drives me crazy about their site is that you can't change the assigned password but they have a wide variety of patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Patterns

o

Celt's Vintage Crochet has heaps of free patterns. Have a look under Chair Sets and you may find something your like.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/

o
RE: Looking for Crochet Pineapple fan chair set patterns

Hello I am lookoing for crochet pineapple fan chair set patterns..matching set.for the chair back and arms

o

Susie and others interested in posting photos-

To post embedded pics on Garden Web Forums you need to first have them posted on a photo website, like Photobucket. You can get free accounts there and upload, resize, edit photos from you computer. Then you copy the "html" code and paste it right into the body of your message. Each of the photo websites has their own directions for doing that.

Here at GardenWeb you can try it and click on your message preview. If YOU can see the photo, then we will when you click on Submit. If you cannot see the pic in your preview message, try again. No will see your goofs. It gets to be real easy once you do it a few times. Go for it.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here