Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for this Bear Pattern

Posted by enjoyingspring (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 14:29

Would anyone have a pattern similar to this one. Would appreciate it if someone would like to share.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for this Bear Pattern

Those are so cute!

It looks like they are knit flat in two pieces and then stuffed and sewn together. The legs and arms look to be just stitched therough the finished piece.

I'm eyeballing this from the proportions, but I think you could figure this out without a pattern. I'd probably cast on about 10 stitches, continue in stockinette for about an inch. Then increase one stitch at each end of the next 4 rows (18 stitches). Do 2 rows with 18. Then decrease one stitch at each end of the next row (16). 2 rows. Decrease row (14). 2 rows. Decrease row (12). 2 rows. Decrease row (10). Decrease row (8).

Then increase each end for the head. Probably every other row? So it would be knit increase row (10), purl across, increase (12) purl across, increase (14), purl across, knit across.

Then do the same with the decreases, so 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6. I'd probably cast off at 6.

Stitch 'em up and add your ears and embroidery?

If no one can find the original pattern, it's worth a shot. (maybe I'll try one of these guys)

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

I don't have that exact pattern, but I have one for animals done with that same technique (knitted in one piece and stitched down at the arms and legs. I would be happy to share it with you if you'd like to take a look at it and see if it would be helpful. Send an email to me at donna@goscott.com with "bear pattern" in the subject line and I'll get it to you.

o

You can get the pattern at freepatterns.com
You have to register, but it's free. Then click on knitting; children; toys. It's about 5 rows down.

o

No, could not see any bear patterns like the one I am looking for. But thanks

o

This pattern is by Oat Couture. Try googling Oat Couture BB216 Cuddle Toys and you can probably find a yarn shop to order from.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here