Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

On the needle in April

Vickey__MN
13 years ago

First check in on March Goals

1. Finish the grandson monkey socks - done

2. start and finish grand daughter monkey socks done (Finished at 9:30 last night)

3. Start some socks for daughter in law. (started, not sure on gauge, so she needs to try on)

My goal this year is a pair of socks a month..so far so good!!

PLUS made a I-pad holder for DD#2!!!

Started a lace shawl, possibly for me.

Made lace poncho for DGD#2

April Goals

1. finish Daughter-in-law's socks

2. Start sweater for DGD (First EVER sweater, we'll see how that goes)

3. work on shawl.

Vickey-MN

Comments (6)

• tami_ohio
    13 years ago

Two pair of socks on the needles, along with the sweater I started 2 years ago. A shawl, and a dish cloth. I think that's it for now.

As far as March accomplishments, I finished DGS's wallaby, and a pair of socks.

Sweaters aren't too hard, Vickey!

Tami

• pawsitive_gw
    13 years ago

Finished my alpaca socks. I haven't started anything else yet. I am working on a large x-stitch canvas. Does that count, it does involve a needle! I purchased 3 coils of roving, two of Shetland wool and one of alpaca. I have to start spinning that and then figure out what to do with it. Will have to think about that.

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Vickey, you make socks but have never made a sweater? A cable knit sweater was one of the first things I ever made, and I used a stockinette pattern and added the cable designs on my own. BUT - I've never even tried to knit socks! LOL

I'm knitting another diagonal baby afghan. They are pretty mindless to make and my church gives them to the local hospital neonatal units.

Donna

• sheilajoyce_gw
    13 years ago

I am crocheting a baby blanket for son's friend and just need to sew a sweater jacket together for the baby. I used Lion Brand's Homespun for the jacket, and that stuff is awful for sewing the pieces together as the end of the yarn strand pulls off in chunks. You never know if you will have enough to finish the seam. The pattern calls for a chunky yarn, and so this works well enough, but I really do not like the yarn as it splits and snags on the needles as I knit. Looks great when it is done.

• carolnv
    13 years ago

March accomplishment finished - crocheted baby blanket for Project Linus, will mail this month

April - Crocheting Windchime afghan for my mom for mother's day - 4 of 8 strips done, just need to join, started crosheting 5th strip.

Diagonal baby afghan? How's it done? Sounds interesting.

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Carol, it's a free pattern from Lion Brand. You start by casting on 5 stitches. First row you k 3, yo, k2. The rest of the rows are k 3, yo, knit to end, until you get it as wide as you want (you will be making a triangle). I can't remember the decreasing off the top of my head, but I think it's k 2, k 2 tog, yo, k 2 tog, knit to end until you get down to 5 stitches, then you bind off.

I'm using self-striping boucle yarn from JoAnn's in a minty green. It makes a nice wide diagonal stripe when the yarn changes from green to white and back.

Donna

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions