Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
knit ABC blanket .. here years ago!

Posted by newontarionian (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 9:59

hi, all ...

years ago, when i began knitting, there was a wonderful blanket and it's pattern on this site for a baby blanket with ABC etc.

i have tried and tried to find it on the internet. i've found other similar patterns in books but none like the one shown here..

anyone remember or happened to have saved that pattern? i believe it was made with popcorn stitch or something raised like that. then that concept was well beyond my ability.

thanks for helping

diane
:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: knit ABC blanket .. here years ago!

Not exactly what you are looking for, but you may want to try this. I've linked a pattern for alphabet blocks. You could knit them and then hook them all together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alphabet blocks

o

alice ..

thank you for your idea. i have run across that site and pattern before but it just isnt as adorable as the one which was once upon a time available here.

i appreciate your effort!
diane

o

I love the crochet abc blanket and use the Caron Simply Soft free pattern to spell out a baby's name instead of the ABCs. Look up your pattern quest at the Ravelry site. You have to join, but it is free.

o

I remember that blanket. It's crochet, and I think it was shared by someone named "Wendy to Pooh" or something like that. If you go to Ravelry and search in patterns for

BABY'S ABC'S AFGHAN

You'll find it. I don't know if there is a knit version.

o

I remember that blanket. It's crochet, and I think it was shared by someone named "Wendy to Pooh" or something like that. If you go to Ravelry and search in patterns for

BABY'S ABC'S AFGHAN

You'll find it. I don't know if there is a knit version.

o

hello socks and sheila ...

i certainly do thank you for your interest and contributions. i didnt know whether it was a pattern for crochet .. but i remember loving it (but i was too new to know to download the thing .. thinking it would be here forever).

again, i thank you for your attempts to get me in touch with my dream pattern!

diane

o

This is one that was mentioned on this site a while back.

Here is a link that might be useful: ABC Baby Blanket

o

linda ..

although someone just sent me the same link, i am very
appreciative that you helped remind me of exactly what i had been thinking about for so long.

thanks a lot!
diane

o

Justlinda, that is the pattern I use to crochet the baby's name blanket. It is quite easy and makes a nice, warm blanket.

I also rounded out the strangely formed B, P, S, and R, and they look much nicer.

This post was edited by sheilajoyce on Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 20:40

o

Here is a knit one that looks nice. It's from the Debbie Bliss baby knits book. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: ABC afghan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here