Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynflower_gw

Help crocheting socks

flynflower
14 years ago

I am having a problem with the gusset in the sock pattern I am using. I just don't get it. I really wish that pattern authors would realize that people are not veteran sock makers and make their patterns clearer. I am using a pattern from the book called Crocheted Socks by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood. It is the first pattern called Easy does it.

I got as far as the cuff and heel and heel turn. The gusset is really throwing me . Doesn't make sense at all to me. No pictures , doesn't help at all. I went to Ravelry and asked for help, no help there either. Sigh.

I worked the 18 sc along the right edge of the heel flap and placed my marker, then worked my 19 sc along the front foot stitches and then worked 18 sc along right side of heel flap and placed my marker, now it says to sc in 9 heel stitches and place marker in last sc to mark beginning of rounds. THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! Where do the nine stitches go? I have pulled this out several times and I'm beginning to think this pattern is written wrong. Has anyone used this pattern and can help me?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions