Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with left twist

Posted by lindadiane (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 8:29

Hello I have been teaching myself how to knit. Bought a dishcloth pattern book to get use to different stitchs Figured if I did it wrong no one would know but me.Well the directions say: working behind first st on left needle, knit into the back of the second st making sure not to drop off . then knit the first st letting both sts drop off needle. Do I also knit the first st in the back or do I come back to the front of my work. When I came to the front It was tight and hard to do. So I gave up and started an other one. There was no video on this st that I could find. Thanks for any help Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with left twist

Okay... I read that you knit the first stitch. It will be tight, but you have to do it. Cabling is like that too... tight, but it works out. It almost sounds like you are doing a very small twisted version of a cable stitch.

o
RE: help with left twist

No, knit the first stitch like you usually do. It will be very tight, but go ahead and do it.

o
RE: help with left twist ps

Oops, I worded that wrong. Follow the directions for the 2nd stitch; then when you knit the 1st stitch on the needle, do it like you always knit a stitch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here