Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with pattern directions

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 8:14

I need some clarification with this pattern directions. I don't want to have to cast on 541 stitches again!!

WAVE Pattern
Row 1: Blah Blah Blah (I understand this part)
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: Knit
Row 4 Purl

Line by line instructions:
Row 1: wowrk 15 waves, knit one on center, work 15 waves
Row 2: Knit all stitches
Row 3: Blah Blah Blah (I understand those directions)

So my question is...For the row 1...is it actually 4 rows make up row one, or only one?...I'll attach the actual pattern to help this make more sense.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Wave Shawl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with pattern directions

Vickey, one row is one row. The first set of instructions is a row by row of just one wave. The second set is a row by row of the entire piece. The only real difference between the two is that the second set takes into account what to do in the middle to make the angle. It could probably have been worded differently, maybe for row 1 it might have said: *(k2tog) 3 times, (k1,yo) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times*, repeat between * * 15 times, knit one (center stitch), **(ssk) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (ssk) 3 times**, repeat between ** ** 15 times.

I know that's pretty wordy, but read over it and tell me if that makes a bit of sense.

o
RE: Need help with pattern directions

That is a gorgeous shaw! I have made a couple of scarves with that pattern. I like the peacock plum cardigan too that is on the website. The yarn is a great price too.

Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here