Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about cotton yarns

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 0:57

I am wondering what your experience has been using cotton worsted weight yarn. I used some Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton to make a purse, and it did not maintain its looks well.

The other worsted cotton I see a lot of in our store is Peaches and Cream. Does it get those little pill balls from wear and laundering? That was one of the problems with the Lion Brand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about cotton yarns

Sheila, I have used Peaches and Cream a lot, but never for wearables. Lots of hot pads and potholders. And they do get washed a lot. I've never noticed any pilling.

o

I made a sweater out of Peaches and Cream for a friend about five years ago and she's still wearing it and it looks great. I really didn't expect it to hold up as well as it has.

Annie

o

I may try using the Peaches and Cream for a summer baby sweater. They certainly have a lot of pretty colors.

o

Sheilajoyce,
I have used Peaches and Cream for summer shells. Only problem that we had was it will stretch if it gets wet.(like being caught in a rain storm) I did machine wash w/mild soap and damp dried. Then blocked them, A baby sweater I'd think would work great.
Thanks for the one piece baby sweater idea, I am trying that pattern now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here