Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollydolots

RE: Anyone recognize this crochet pattern??

dollydolots
14 years ago

Hi Everyone, lets join hands and pray that someone will let us all have the pattern. There's a lot of babies expected and this a beautiful shawl. I have a GreatGrandchild due in August and would love to make it. GreatGrammas don't last forever.

Come on whoever you are, please share.

Reaching out my hand ......

Dolly

Comments (14)

• donna_loomis
    14 years ago

Ummmm, do you have a picture of it, or a link to a picture? Kind of tough this way, LOL.

• milney_51031
    14 years ago

There's a link to the picture of the shell in the original link dated January 21st. The link has the same subject. Janice

• dollydolots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

As Janice said.....the picture of the shell is in the original link dated January 21st by acraftylady.

Sorry about that!
    It's the slanted shell stitch baby afghan that everyone is looking for.
    Someone out there has it.
    Dolly

• laural-crafter
    14 years ago

If you would be so kind to just let me know what size needle and thread/yarn you are using I would appreciate that. That blanket is beautiful. I would be glad to pay a little for the pattern. Laura

• justlinda
    13 years ago

Goodness gracious....looks like this is the pattern. The original one (pink) seems to be made of thread, and this one appears to be wool.

kafskorner is this your pattern? And would you share if it were?

• kafskorner
    13 years ago

Looking for it as well - would share if it was mine
    trixie on here did one but has yet to post it that is where I got the pic

• No1grandma
    13 years ago

I adore this pattern - someone said it was for sale on ebay at one time - for about $25 - I would gladly pay that much for it! I went to the photobucket link but the picture has been deleted. I have been looking for this pattern for a long time. If the owner of this pattern is selling on ebay I would love an ebay ID to contact. Pretty please with sugar on it.

• No1grandma
    13 years ago

Eureka!!! I found out the name of the stitch used - it is the Crocodile Stitch. There are some patterns for sale on Etsy under Crochet/Patterns - Bonita Patterns - and I just bought a triangle shawl pattern using this stitch. The pattern starts from the point of the triangle and works by increasing each row to make a triangle. So I should be able to make a square baby blanket by continuing with the triangle DECREASING down from the halfway point to a final point. Crocheting a square diagonally from corner to corner. There is a tutorial on You Tube for Crocodile Stitch too. And this blog has a lot more about it http://yarn-muse.blogspot.com/2011/01/crocodile-stitch.html

I can't wait to get started!

Yvette in Toowoomba, Austraia

• Babka NorCal 9b
    13 years ago

I really like that stitch! Looking at the baby blanket close up, however, I'm not sure it is the same. The blanket looks to be more open and not overlaping so much.

{{gwi:1575924}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Crocodile Stitch Photo

• francy13
    13 years ago

Each shell has a dc in each dc then a ch3 picot one each
    stitch.
    Look closely and you will see this.

francy

• totalrealtor
    13 years ago

I just printed out and started the "Snow Queen Shawl" and I believe this is the same pattern if you use the variation she lists to make the "fans" stand out a little more. The pattern is from Sunshines Creations but I just googled "Snow Queen Shawl" and IT IS FREE!!

• soyamiso
    13 years ago

I came across the fan pattern during my search for mitten patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fan bookmark

• acraftylady
    13 years ago

The snow queen pattern is open and lacy so not the same but have saved that to make a shawl, love it. The fan pattern I have had that saved for a while but I would need it all written out to make the full blanket on the diagonal but hopefully it will work for someone. Mary

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions