Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: Anyone recognize this crochet pattern??

Posted by dollydolots (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 22:25

Hi Everyone, lets join hands and pray that someone will let us all have the pattern. There's a lot of babies expected and this a beautiful shawl. I have a GreatGrandchild due in August and would love to make it. GreatGrammas don't last forever.
Come on whoever you are, please share.
Reaching out my hand ......
Dolly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: Anyone recognize this crochet pattern??

Ummmm, do you have a picture of it, or a link to a picture? Kind of tough this way, LOL.

o

There's a link to the picture of the shell in the original link dated January 21st. The link has the same subject. Janice

o

As Janice said.....the picture of the shell is in the original link dated January 21st by acraftylady.

Sorry about that!
It's the slanted shell stitch baby afghan that everyone is looking for.
Someone out there has it.
Dolly

o

If you would be so kind to just let me know what size needle and thread/yarn you are using I would appreciate that. That blanket is beautiful. I would be glad to pay a little for the pattern. Laura

o
Trixie has the pattern

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo33/trixie_011/Baby Afghan 2009/DSC00841.jpg

o

Goodness gracious....looks like this is the pattern. The original one (pink) seems to be made of thread, and this one appears to be wool.

kafskorner is this your pattern? And would you share if it were?

o

Looking for it as well - would share if it was mine
trixie on here did one but has yet to post it that is where I got the pic

o

I adore this pattern - someone said it was for sale on ebay at one time - for about $25 - I would gladly pay that much for it! I went to the photobucket link but the picture has been deleted. I have been looking for this pattern for a long time. If the owner of this pattern is selling on ebay I would love an ebay ID to contact. Pretty please with sugar on it.

o

Eureka!!! I found out the name of the stitch used - it is the Crocodile Stitch. There are some patterns for sale on Etsy under Crochet/Patterns - Bonita Patterns - and I just bought a triangle shawl pattern using this stitch. The pattern starts from the point of the triangle and works by increasing each row to make a triangle. So I should be able to make a square baby blanket by continuing with the triangle DECREASING down from the halfway point to a final point. Crocheting a square diagonally from corner to corner. There is a tutorial on You Tube for Crocodile Stitch too. And this blog has a lot more about it http://yarn-muse.blogspot.com/2011/01/crocodile-stitch.html

I can't wait to get started!

Yvette in Toowoomba, Austraia

o

I really like that stitch! Looking at the baby blanket close up, however, I'm not sure it is the same. The blanket looks to be more open and not overlaping so much.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Crocodile Stitch Photo

o

Each shell has a dc in each dc then a ch3 picot one each
stitch.
Look closely and you will see this.

francy

o

I just printed out and started the "Snow Queen Shawl" and I believe this is the same pattern if you use the variation she lists to make the "fans" stand out a little more. The pattern is from Sunshines Creations but I just googled "Snow Queen Shawl" and IT IS FREE!!

o

I came across the fan pattern during my search for mitten patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fan bookmark

o

The snow queen pattern is open and lacy so not the same but have saved that to make a shawl, love it. The fan pattern I have had that saved for a while but I would need it all written out to make the full blanket on the diagonal but hopefully it will work for someone. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here