Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
locate wool sport weight yarn for man's vest

Posted by ginnys (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 22:03

Does anyone know where to find wool sport weight or fingering yarn that is reasonably priced & comes in other than baby colors? My husband has a dark blue heather buttoned sweater vest which is worse than thread-bare which I'd like to copy. The yarn would be similar to what I used decades ago to knit socks or dickies (for anyone who remembers them). I've seen others wish Paton made their merino in sport weight, but unfortunately, they don't.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: locate wool sport weight yarn for man's vest

You may want to visit www.KnitPicks.com They have a sportweight 100% Peruvian wool called Telemark, 24 colors, $1.99 per 50-gram ball. If you'd rather go with fingering weight, look at their 'Palette' - 30 colors.

I have no connection with the company, but have bought from them for years and am very satisfied. Shipping is free on orders over $45!

Anne B

Here is a link that might be useful: Knit Picks

o

I second the KnitPicks recommendation.

I was quite taken with the Essential line - which is a fingering weight washable wool. Comes in solids and tweeds. Very soft, nice to work with.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

Thanks anne b & craftfetish. I had run into KnitPicks on my search but had never heard anything about it or their yarns, nor had I found the 'Palette' possibility. Glad to hear it's a reasonable source!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here