Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ergonomic crochet hooks

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 21:04

Anyone here use these or have any suggestions what to use for hands that get tired.Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ergonomic crochet hooks

I did a google and JoAnn's has ergonomic crochet hooks.
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2873&PRODID=prd32203
and, I'm sure there are others, too. Just use the subject "ergonomic crochet hooks' and see what else you can come up with.

o

Thanks.

o

First and foremost, don't spend hours crocheting, whether with thread, or yarn, do some time, and go do something else, and come back, several times a day, hands will get tired regardless of what you are doing, and carpal tunnel is the culprit.
Giving the hands a chance to work at something different is the real key here, and really the hooks ergonomic or otherwise aren't going to make a heck of a difference. Just be good to yourself, and you will learn how to roll with the punches. Crochet is my passion, but I don't breath and eat it, have to take breaks is the key.

o

Hi There! I understand your problem...I have arthritis, tendonitis and fibromyalgia! I agree with Shaddy101, I have found that if I am crocheting and things get to hurting, I alternate with knitting or another project and it helps. I also use a product called StoPain...just spray it on and it really stops the pain for 1 to 3 hours!

Here's a link to see what it looks like:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100963&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod18886

I think those ergonomic needles only help depending on how you hold the crochet hook. I bought one with a big handle and found that I hold the thing like a pencil, close to the hook. That big handle didn't help me at all.

Hope this helps you some... Dana in TX

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here