Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sari silk

Posted by lindac (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 5, 10 at 20:39

Any one ever used it? Did you love what you made? did It stink as so many say? what did you make?
Tell me tell me!
I just bought 10 skeins and am going to make a shawl/wrap.
All info from previous knitters gratefully received!
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sari silk

I guess no one's ever used it, Linda. Sorry.

o

Thanks for the reply...
I just waded in, bought some, knit a sample to figure out my gauge and am now well into a shawl, triangular pattern.
It's not the easiest stuff to work with, mainly because of the slubs, and now that I am well into it, I wish I had knit another thread along with it to give some stability, but there are other shawls to knit.
And yes it wonderful shiny, vibrant and very funky!!
Stinks a little like kerosene or something similar...not offensive.
But to anyone who is considering trying it...I say go for it. I have 10 skeins of about 85 yards each...I hope that's enough.
Linda C

o

Sounds like something I did, I was browsing thru WM and saw some LB Fun Fur. I bought what they had plus some matching LB Homespun. I'm still looking for a pattern to use this stuff on. I've never used the Fun Fur before and it looks a little intimidating. I'm thinking I will have to use the two together (double strand it) to make it easier to handle.

Good luck with your project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here