Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat messed up sock project!!!

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 08 at 19:04

The cat became so tangled in the sock I just started (3/4" of ribbing done) that he had to break the yarn to extract her, my project and a feathered toy! What a mess.

I'm so disappointed. The stitches are all still on the 3 needles, but now I have to join the yarn. What's the best way--just knit a few stitches with two strands and weave them in later?

Darn!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat messed up sock project!!!

Yes I would knit a few stitches with both strands and weave in later.

I feel your pain! With two young kids and two cats, I have all but quit using straight needles. I am constantly interrupted on my projects and will lay my project aside on the coffee table. I now will only knit with circulars, so that I can pull the stitches to the middle when I have to set a project down and know that they are pretty safe from mishaps. And, yes, I have chased a cat down the hall with needles dragging beside her and a skein unraveling in the living room!

Rebecca

o

My personal preference would be to just start knitting with the second strand and weave the ends in later. Less bulk than using both strands, even for a few stitches.

o

Thank you both.

Rebecca, you do have your hands full with your kids, kats, and knitting! I honestly don't think I could knit with all that "help." LOL!

I'll try knitting with two strands, and if it looks too bulky, I'll take it out and do as you suggested, Donna. Two strands might not be too noticeable on the ribbing.

o

If you just start knitting with the second strand, wouldn't that leave a hole? I would make sure to twist the two strands once before weaving them in.

o

I knitted a few stitches with two strands, and it looks ok so far. I haven't woven them in yet. Feeding, you mean to twist them together, then weave?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here