Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I can't figure this out

Posted by flynflower (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 14:43

I love this hat but I get stuck on round six every time. I need for someone to help me by telling me how many Tr are on each round. For some reason they stop at round six. and it has confused me.

HAT:
Crochet 4 ch with crochet hook size 3.5 mm and form a ring with a sl st in first ch.

ROUND 1: 6 tr in ring.
ROUND 2: 2 tr in each tr = 12 tr.
ROUND 3: 2 tr in each tr = 24 tr.
ROUND 4: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 36 tr.
ROUND 5: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 48 tr.
ROUND 6, 7, 8 and 10: Inc 12 tr per round as described above with 1 extra tr between each inc.
ROUND 9, 11 and 12: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).
ROUND 13-19: 1 tr in first tr (= 2 ch), 2 ch, skip 1 tr, * 1 tr in next tr, 2 ch, skip 1 tr *, repeat from *-*.
ROUND 20: * 1 tr, 1 tr in ch-loop *, repeat from *-*.
ROUND 21, 23, 24, 26 and 27: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).
ROUND 22: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 5th tr.
ROUND 25 and 28: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 10th tr.
Cut the thread after Round 28, and fasten.

http://images47.fotki.com/v1476/photos/8/862706/3429987/951-vi.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can't figure this out

o

ROUND 6: 60 tr
ROUND 7: 72 tr
ROUND 8: 84 tr
ROUND 9: 84 tr
ROUND 10: 96 tr
ROUND 11: 96 tr
ROUND 12: 96 tr

Then your pattern changes. Does that help?

o

oh yes it helps very much, but I have a question,

why does it say at the end of round six as discribed above with one extra tr between each increase?
Are they saying to add more than the 12 increases or are they just telling me how to add the 12 increases?

I get so confused with these british patterns.

o

Donna is so nice about helping with this kind of thing. I just wanted to say thanks for the CUTE hat pattern!

o
RE: welcome

you are so welcome, isn't it darling! I just love it and I think it will be so comfy with the Cotton acryllic blend yarn made by TLC plus. My head is so sore now from the brain surgery and losing my hair from the chemo. I can't wait to get one made!

o

They are just explaining how you add the 12 increases.

Such as:

ROW 6: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, etc.

ROW 7: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, etc.

And so on........

Although it would be so much easier to say:

ROW 6: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in each of next 3 tr, etc.
ROW 7: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in each of next 4 tr, etc.

o

Oh Donna , thank you so so much. I understand it now! I'm gonna be crocheting my fingers off tonight! lololol You're an angel!
Patricia

o

Patricia, I hope I caught you before you got too involved in the hat. I just wanted to remind you that if this is a British pattern, when they say tr, they really mean dc. I'm hoping you knew that already.

o
Well I'll be

NO I didn't know that. I was on round 9 when I looked at the hat and thought , wait a minute, this hat does not look right. It actually looks more like a hat for a newborn with a pointy head. LOLOLOL I had crocheted it in triple crochet, yes I did. So I took it all out and now I am doing it in double. Thank you honey!

o

You may want to check this site out for other abbreviations.

Here is a link that might be useful: British abbreviations

o
thank you

thank you , thank you, thank you! I've bookmarked that site!
I have gotten about half way through this hat and it is turning out so cute! Thank you so much Donna, you are such a nice lady and a good friend here!

o
I want to do more

I hope I can crochet one in a denim yarn and a pretty rose colored yarn. I just love the TLC cotton plus yarns. They are so soft. I love this hat!

o

I JUST bought some of that same TLC cotton plus yarn...funny. I started making a short summery sock for my daughter with it but I'm sure I'll have enough for the hat, too.

Sorry to hear about the brain surgery and chemo. Keep your chin up, my Mom and my son are my cancer survivor heroes. Feel better soon!

Robin

o

What weight of yarn is the hat made in? It is adorable!

Rebecca

o

The website states 150 grams. I'm am using the TLC cotton plus skein at 100 grams or 3.50 oz. so I think 1 1/2 skeins will be enough.

o
the yarn

the site doesn't say what weight the yarn is, it just says it is Drops Ribbon yarn.

o

Drops Ribbon yarn (discontinued) is a worsted weight.

o

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here