Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynflower_gw

I can't figure this out

flynflower
15 years ago

I love this hat but I get stuck on round six every time. I need for someone to help me by telling me how many Tr are on each round. For some reason they stop at round six. and it has confused me.

HAT:

Crochet 4 ch with crochet hook size 3.5 mm and form a ring with a sl st in first ch.

ROUND 1: 6 tr in ring.

ROUND 2: 2 tr in each tr = 12 tr.

ROUND 3: 2 tr in each tr = 24 tr.

ROUND 4: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 36 tr.

ROUND 5: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 48 tr.

ROUND 6, 7, 8 and 10: Inc 12 tr per round as described above with 1 extra tr between each inc.

ROUND 9, 11 and 12: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).

ROUND 13-19: 1 tr in first tr (= 2 ch), 2 ch, skip 1 tr, * 1 tr in next tr, 2 ch, skip 1 tr *, repeat from *-*.

ROUND 20: * 1 tr, 1 tr in ch-loop *, repeat from *-*.

ROUND 21, 23, 24, 26 and 27: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).

ROUND 22: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 5th tr.

ROUND 25 and 28: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 10th tr.

Cut the thread after Round 28, and fasten.

http://images47.fotki.com/v1476/photos/8/862706/3429987/951-vi.jpg

Comments (18)

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1575145}}

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

ROUND 6: 60 tr
    ROUND 7: 72 tr
    ROUND 8: 84 tr
    ROUND 9: 84 tr
    ROUND 10: 96 tr
    ROUND 11: 96 tr
    ROUND 12: 96 tr

Then your pattern changes. Does that help?

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oh yes it helps very much, but I have a question,

why does it say at the end of round six as discribed above with one extra tr between each increase?
    Are they saying to add more than the 12 increases or are they just telling me how to add the 12 increases?

I get so confused with these british patterns.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Donna is so nice about helping with this kind of thing. I just wanted to say thanks for the CUTE hat pattern!

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you are so welcome, isn't it darling! I just love it and I think it will be so comfy with the Cotton acryllic blend yarn made by TLC plus. My head is so sore now from the brain surgery and losing my hair from the chemo. I can't wait to get one made!

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

They are just explaining how you add the 12 increases.

Such as:

ROW 6: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, etc.

ROW 7: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr, etc.

And so on........

Although it would be so much easier to say:

ROW 6: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in each of next 3 tr, etc.
    ROW 7: 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in each of next 4 tr, etc.

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Donna , thank you so so much. I understand it now! I'm gonna be crocheting my fingers off tonight! lololol You're an angel!
    Patricia

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Patricia, I hope I caught you before you got too involved in the hat. I just wanted to remind you that if this is a British pattern, when they say tr, they really mean dc. I'm hoping you knew that already.

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NO I didn't know that. I was on round 9 when I looked at the hat and thought , wait a minute, this hat does not look right. It actually looks more like a hat for a newborn with a pointy head. LOLOLOL I had crocheted it in triple crochet, yes I did. So I took it all out and now I am doing it in double. Thank you honey!

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

You may want to check this site out for other abbreviations.

Here is a link that might be useful: British abbreviations

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you , thank you, thank you! I've bookmarked that site!
    I have gotten about half way through this hat and it is turning out so cute! Thank you so much Donna, you are such a nice lady and a good friend here!

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope I can crochet one in a denim yarn and a pretty rose colored yarn. I just love the TLC cotton plus yarns. They are so soft. I love this hat!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

I JUST bought some of that same TLC cotton plus yarn...funny. I started making a short summery sock for my daughter with it but I'm sure I'll have enough for the hat, too.

Sorry to hear about the brain surgery and chemo. Keep your chin up, my Mom and my son are my cancer survivor heroes. Feel better soon!

Robin

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

What weight of yarn is the hat made in? It is adorable!

Rebecca

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The website states 150 grams. I'm am using the TLC cotton plus skein at 100 grams or 3.50 oz. so I think 1 1/2 skeins will be enough.

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the site doesn't say what weight the yarn is, it just says it is Drops Ribbon yarn.

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Drops Ribbon yarn (discontinued) is a worsted weight.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Thanks!

Sponsored
More Discussions