Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sock yarn

Posted by laurenjay (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 17, 09 at 14:33

Besides socks, what other uses does sock yarn have?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sock yarn

I've made a baby surprise jacket with it. It's tiny, but adorable. You can make booties, baby sweaters, pretty much anything you want with it. I've seen afghans made with it. But keep in mind, that's a LOT of stitches on small needles. Quite a commitment.

o

I saw a pattern for a shawl using one skein of sock yarn. Very lacey, of course.

o

I saw a diagonal scarf made with sock yarn, something like this one below.

Here is a link that might be useful: diagonal scarf

o

I've seen some knitted beaded chokers done with it, and wristers, or hand warmers, and what not. I think it would probably make a nice head band or ear warmer band. It would be warm yet have ease for stretching around one's head.

o

I'm making that same diagonal scarf right now with sock yarn. I've made it in several weight wools, but the sock yarn is nice as the scarf is not heavy and also easy to take with you in your purse just in case you might have a chance to knit wherever you are going.

o

Patty, I'm glad you mentioned that you are making the scarf. Is it tricky? How wide are you making it?

I have the yarn and pattern ready to go. I liked it because where I live we don't have too many opportunities to wear heavier scarves, and this looked like one which could just be worn as an accessory if it wasn't needed for warmth too much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here