Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn

Posted by babka (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 14:00

Has anyone here used this yarn? I've determined that I need to rewind the skein into a ball and stick it in a bag to knit with it. When I use it straight off the outside of the skein as suggested I THINK that is the "wrong" side of the yarn. It probably doesn't make much difference because the sparkly edge shows either way. Just knit-picking, so to speak. I just wonder what anyone else thought. Also, every third or fourth row I can dangle the plastic bag to un-twist the yarn. It sure is fun to work with otherwise.

-Babka

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn

I've never knitted with it, Babka, but I looked your yarn up on Ravelry, and there were 5 comments about it, 4 of them positive, and even the 5th one (below) wasn't so bad.

"I agree that it is a fun and fast knit; and, the results are very striking.

I did, however, have several long sections, in the skein I bought, in which the lower band was not attached to the open mesh. I had to use a tiny crochet hook and sewing thread to attach it so it was not noticable."

What are you making?

o
RE: Red Heart Boutique Sashay Yarn

Hi socks! I'm making the scarf on the yarn label band. It only takes one skein and about 4-5 hours to make a 6' long scarf. What fun. Red Heart has a video that shows how easy it is to do. I've made several of them, but just wanted concurrence on which side is the "right" side, if there is one.

-Babka

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here