Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aunt Maggie's slippers

Posted by donner (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 13:27

I am knitting these slippers and came to a halt with toe: First DEC. ROW Work ribbing for 7 sts, *slip,k and psso, k1,k2 tog.*, work 3 sts ribbing,repeat between *'s once, finish row in ribbing; 23 sts.
What is the psso term? I made these a long time ago and I am now having a senior moment with this LOL. The pattern is at bevscountrycottage

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aunt Maggie's slippers

Psso is pass slipped stitch over
I have lots of those senior moments!!!

Pepsi

o

Thanks Pepsi, I'm still not getting it. LOL I guess I'll have to go to the yarn shop on Tues.

o

This You Tube video will show how to do PSSO

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: You Tube video how to do PSSO

o

Vickey, thank you for that. I'm a visual learner and now understand and can proceed with the slipper. I've made the pattern before but just couldn't do a visual on it this time!

o

you slip one stitch,from the left needle onto the right needle, then you knit one stitch..... and then you take the slipped stitch and pass pass it to the left, OVER the knit stitch...(get hold of the slipped stitch with your fingers and move it, to the left, OVER the knit stitch and then off the tip of the needle, which leaves the knit stitch the only stitch of those 2, on the needle ....this is simply one way of doing a decrease stitch. it leans toward the left because of that sl stitch that you passed to the left, over that knit stitch.

o

Thanks Sandra! I can't believe I was having such a problem with that, senior moments!!!
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here