Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I saw a fabulous scarf last night.....

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 12:59

I was a guest at a local women's group meeting last night and during an exchange of gifts one lady received a fabulous scarf that really caught my eye. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be just three loose braids made up of various types and thicknesses of yarns, knotted at the top and bottom and loosely woven (think rag rug style) into a fluffly creation of colors and textures. My question....because I couldn't rip the thing off this womans neck and ply it apart....does anyone know anything about this style scarf...perhaps the kinds of yarns used, do I have the right idea on how it is constructed? Does it have a name? Anyone? Has anyone made or seen another one of these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I saw a fabulous scarf last night.....

Could it have been something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: braided scarf

o
RE: I saw a fabulous scarf last night.....

Thank you it is the right thing.....the one I saw was with very fine weight materials and very loose in the braid. The construction was the same. Budster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here