Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone want to try knitting like this?

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 11:36

Let me know..I want to see your results.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: bugknits

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone want to try knitting like this?

Yipes! Do you suppose she uses a magnifying glass?

-Babka

o

Somewhere in my jewelery drawer I have a tiny little knitted sweater that still has the toothpicks and a tiny ball of yarn attached . somone made it and put a jewelery pin on the back. I hope I can find it. This was made more that 60 yearss ago and my Mom gave it to me .

o

Martha devoted her show on Monday to knitting. She had a woman on who showed two tiny sweaters as examples of her work. She sells them for $1000. And there are people who do buy them!

o

I saw that Martha Stewart show, also. Yep. $1000 dollars for those tiny things. The artist said it takes about 4 months to do one of them. She works with what appear to be stainless steel non-flexible wires.

o

I'll pass. I wouldn't have the patience and what would I do with them after I made them? Vique

o

I think it's an amazing art form and it takes an incredibly talented person to do it, but sheesh, who's got the time for teeny tiny little things like that? I go cross eyed just looking at the pictures!

o

The miniature sweaters in the movie Coraline were knit by this woman too--amazing work! I don't think I'd have the patience, the smallest I've knit is using size US 1 needles.

o

I saw that Martha show and was amazed at those teeny-tiny sweaters. I'm much too impatient to knit like that. Usually, when I look at a knitting pattern, I look at the needle size first. Dottie

o

For those of you who love to crochet, I have found this site with a cute tiny crochet sweater that can be used as a Christmas tree decoration.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small Crochet Sweater Decoration

o

I'm wondering what caused her to one day say to herself "HUMMM, I don't have anything better to do. I think I'll just sit down and knit a teeny tiny sweater."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here