Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Naturally Yarn

Posted by lawmar (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 07 at 10:10

I just got my KnitSimple Magazine and there is a pattern in there on page 65 for a Lace Shawl. The yarn that it calls for is called Stella by Naturally NZ/Fiber Trends. I have been looking everywhere for this yarn and can't find it. I bet I've looked at the Fiber Trends website 20 times. Does anyone know anything about this yarn and where I might find it? I find other Naturally Yarns, but not the Stella. Is there another yarn that would even come close to this one that I could substitute with?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Naturally Yarn

Using Yarndex.com, I found a yarn called Stella, but made by Lana Grossa.

~ Kit

Here is a link that might be useful: is this what you're looking for?

o

No, I think the NZ stands for New Zealand, so I think this is a wool yarn. Thank you anyways!

o

This is not the first time I've seen this sort of thing... vogue had a scarf in December, I think... and I think the yarn's been discontinued. I've had that problem with other mags... It's like they hold the articles for so long before they publish it that it's outdated.... or something. Very irritating, because I liked that scarf and I wanted it just like in the picture.

o

Why don't you Email KnitSimple? They have an online site.

Here is a link that might be useful: KnitSimple Mag

o

I've e-mailed them. We'll see if I get an answer back. They say they there is no guarantee that my question will be answered as they can't answer all questions. I guess I'll just have to make a guess at the kind of yarn I need and find one that matches that yarn the closest. Thanks for all the help.

o

Shame on the mags! They should be giving better support to their subscribers.

o

Well, finally after a series of e-mails to the magazine and to FiberTrends, I was informed that Stella is a new yarn by NaturallyNZ, and it will be on the FiberTrends website soon. Both representatives at FiberTrends and KnitSimple were very good at responding to my e-mails. Now, I can buy that beautiful yarn and get started on my shawl. Thanks all of you for your help.

o

I'm very glad to hear that the magazine was responsive to your query.

o

The yarn Stella by Naturally is a new yarn for spring 2007. It is 100% Bamboo! We have just received our color cards in the shop (http://www.knitty-noddy.com), and we've scanned in both Stella and Dawn, which is a new 50/50 Silk/Merino yarn that is similar to Jaggerspun Zephyr.

Evelyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Stella color card on Knitty Noddy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here