Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junef_c

Crochet Thread!!!!

junef
15 years ago

Has anyone heard of Crystal crochet thread, and if so can you please tell me where to purchase in bulk or wholesale (not ebay, already checked). I have three big projects to do and need plenty of this thread, when after purchase I'll still have a little cash left in my pocket. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

June

Comments (9)

• flynflower
    15 years ago

I saw it on Ebay , Lots of it, but do you mean the Brand, crystal or the color crystal?

Here is a link for Crochet supplies

Here is a link that might be useful: Resourses for Crochet supplies

• pandora429
    15 years ago

HI Junef,
    I saw it on ebay too, but it just looks like a cotton #10 with metallic in it..can you try like Michaels, or Joann's
    or AC Moore?? I think if you look at the one on ebay you will see it looks like it is a cotton crochet thread with a metallic in it, I think that is what the seller said it was too... I could be wrong, but just a thought...hope you are able to find it!! I will keep my eyes open for you!
    Marlene

• junef
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Still looking for this thread/yarn at WHOLESALE price. While ebay's price is not overly expensive it is when I total up the amount I need.
    It is call Omega Crystal and is made in Mexico. Hope someone can help.

TNX
    June

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

Look at JoAnns and Michaels, and then get their coupons for your purchase if they carry it.

• presdot_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I am looking for crochet thread , Aunt Lydias fast five , color white 201. If you have any please let me know.

• Shirley1633
    12 years ago

The posts here are quite old so I don't know if you will even see this. It is NOT cotton, it is a poly/acrylic blend. I know because I sell it on ebay and have for many years. What I carry is Hilo Cristal, not Omega. Omega is nylon and very hard to work with. If you have questions please email me at shol1633@yahoo.com

• acraftylady
    12 years ago

Have you tried contacting the maker directly? That would be your best bet for wholesale prices I would think or they could put you in touch with a distributer. Not sure though but sometimes to get wholesale pricing from a distributor you have to have a business liscense maybe?

I say this because my friend does machine embroidery as a business and she gets her threads from a wholesale place here but you can't shop there unless you are in business with a liscense to get those prices. Mary

• jojo8574
    12 years ago

I just happened to run across your post while I was searching for the Hilo Cristal Thread you are looking for. It has been some time since anyone has responded to your post, so I am not sure if my post will be of any help to you now. I found the thread in Phoenix, AZ at a flea market and have since moved to Brooklyn with what I thought would be enough of the thread to finish my project. Needless to say, I needed more. I found some on eBay, but it was $4.99 per skein and I paid close to $10.00 for shipping. It took three weeks for me to get my product and the person selling it informed me that she did not have the 6 skeins she claimed to have originally. I accepted 3 skeins of another color only because I had already paid for the product and really needed the burgundy shade that I had requested. Mind you, I only paid $3.25 per 745-yd. skein in Arizona. To make a long story hopefully short, I have since met with the salesman for the company that imports Hilo Cristal. The company does not have online ordering yet, but you can order it from the company directly and pay COD with UPS. You can place any size order. I was so excited to finally find a source for this fantastic thread. Below is the information that he gave me:

Riviera Yarns
    Rivera Imports and Exports, Inc.
    10649 Haddington Drive Suite #170
    Houston, TX 77043
    (713)932-7524 Cynthia is your office contact
    (281)901-9177 Juan Carlos Cardenas is the sales person
    e-mail: sales@rivierayarns.com

He gave me a sample card and it has 154 gorgeous, vibrant shades. I was so excited to finally find that thread that I neglected to ask some questions. I did call him after he left and asked about the price. Wholesale price is $1.85 per skein and the skeins are about 745 yds. I have been searching for that thread for over a year now and that is the only thread that I want to use for my projects.I hope this information helps and gets to you before you get ripped off on eBay.

• junef
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jojo8574, thanks so much for the information. I've been looking for this thread for a few years now with no success, so thank you, thank you.

June

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!
More Discussions