Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minnie_tx

Boring

minnie_tx
15 years ago

I'm so bored with the yarn I'm usiong right now. I doing a gigantic square granny and the color is a nice pale green but I almost hate to sit down and finish it. I think I need a little varigated yarn in my life right now

Comments (12)

• MollyDog
    15 years ago

That is so funny...my nephew wanted a red afghan and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did a couple of rows and quit until I got a different color. Color seems to inspire me.

• dollydolots
    15 years ago

I did the same....My DD found an afghan she liked and asked me if I would crochet it for her. She wanted it in baby pink. I started it 2 years ago and finally finished it this month. I kept getting so I would set it down and not get back to it for months. I dislike pink.
    She doesn't know I have finished so will be quite surprised
    when she visits us for Easter.
    Dolly

• minnie_tx
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol

• socks
    15 years ago

Minnie, why don't you put it aside for a while? I know exactly how you feel. It's why I like socks; things change as you go along.

• minnie_tx
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wa at Walmart today an got three skeins (the last three) of Aspen Print color (Red Heart) and just did the next row and feel a lot better now. And they were on sale for $2 also.

• love2knit
    15 years ago

I always knew I didn't like the color orange, but didn't realize how much until knitting with a yarn that had wide stripes of many colors. When the orange came up, I actually hated knitting with it until the color changed again. And wouldn't you know it, but no matter how I wear the scarf, the orange part is in the front - LOL

• socks
    15 years ago

Now orange is a nice color!! Try to make friends with it! LOL!

• flynflower
    15 years ago

Yayyyyyyyyy I'm not the only fish in the sea! lolol yellow drives me nuts!

• wantoretire_did
    15 years ago

I save my boring projects for when I'm too tired to think or just want to relax for a little while. We are trying to sell our house so I don't have a lot of down time but do have a lot of stress.......:-(

• dotmom
    15 years ago

I thought I was the only one who is color sensitive. I have to truly like the color or I just can't work on it. I'm not at all fond of pink, and I just can't abide pink & yellow together. It sounds dumb, but I actually get nauseous when I see those two colors together. Dottie

• diggerb2
    15 years ago

uh, i so agree with the need to like the color that you are knitting. i have an amazing ski sweater that my brother had my mom knit for me one year for chistmas. i have no idea how she managed to get thru knitting it. it's primary red and primary blue in one of those geometric nordic patterns.
    even in the dark that thing 'glows' if i had done it i would have gone cuckoo.

when i'm working at something that drives me crazy like that, i usually set it aside and do another project and come back to it to give myself a break. last summer i did
    a baby blanket (k1, k1b, p1, p1b) on #4 needles that was
    326 stitches across a row. it took 4 skiens of yarn
    and ended up being about 45x60 inches. i started it in february and just managed to get it done by october (i have a long definition for summer)

diggerb

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

That's how I felt about the Delft Delight afghan that took me nearly FIVE years to finish! It was pretty, but so boring, I found any excuse to continually work on other projects. I finally decided that I had to finish it because it was a huge blanket and was taking up a lot of space. Just as I was finishing weaving in the last of the ends my daughter walked in and begged to have it. So now it is out of my life forever, and I couldn't be happier!