Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynflower_gw

donna, help please again

flynflower
15 years ago

I am on round 20 now and need to know how I crochet the 1 tr and 1tr in ch-loop .

Do I do a tr in each of the tr and two chains of round 19 , or do I just do a tr in the tr and one in each space where I did the two chains between the trebles? .

ROUND 1: 6 tr in ring.

ROUND 2: 2 tr in each tr = 12 tr.

ROUND 3: 2 tr in each tr = 24 tr.

ROUND 4: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 36 tr.

ROUND 5: * 2 tr in first tr, 1 tr in next tr, 1 tr in next tr *. Repeat from *-* = 12 inc = 48 tr.

ROUND 6, 7, 8 and 10: Inc 12 tr per round as described above with 1 extra tr between each inc.

ROUND 9, 11 and 12: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).

ROUND 13-19: 1 tr in first tr (= 2 ch), 2 ch, skip 1 tr, * 1 tr in next tr, 2 ch, skip 1 tr *, repeat from *-*.

ROUND 20: * 1 tr, 1 tr in ch-loop *, repeat from *-*.

ROUND 21, 23, 24, 26 and 27: 1 tr in each tr (= no inc).

ROUND 22: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 5th tr.

ROUND 25 and 28: Inc 1 tr (= 2 tr in 1 tr) in every 10th tr.

Cut the thread after Round 28, and fasten.

Comments (10)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

It would appear that you are to tr once in each treble and once into the space created by your ch 2, and do this all the way around.

What troubles me are rounds 13-19. The pattern tells you to tr in first tr, 2 ch, skip 1 tr, * 1 tr in next tr, 2 ch, skip 1 tr *, repeat from *-*. But I think that would only be row 13 and that rows 14-19 would read more like: sl st into first ch 2 space, ch 4, *tr in next ch 2 sp, ch 2*, repeat from *-*, sl st into second ch at beginning of round.

Have you not had any trouble with those rows? This pattern seems to leave a lot unwritten.

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes, I've had trouble with almost every row. I really needed this pattern rewritten in American english for me with the amount of stitches at the end of every row.
    I even contacted the company that has the pattern , they wrote me back and said they didn't have the time to answer individual emails to help answer problems with crocheting their projects, but if I were to need help buying their yarn they were happy to help. giggle.
    thank you so much donna

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

I'd be happy to "translate" the pattern for you if you'd email it to me.

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Donna , I just sent the pattern to you, thanks so much for the help. You've been a God Send to me! Another Lady here on this forum has been so sweet too. Annice has made me some hats for my ugly balding head. lolol What an angel!
    I've met some really wonderful ladies here.

Hugs Patricia

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

Patricia, we're here for each other. I'm at work, so I won't be able to get to the translation until this evening. Call this a practice hat and the next one you'll have experience.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Donna, if it's not too much trouble I'd love a copy of the translated pattern, too. You can find my e-mail addy on my page.

Thanks so much!
    Robin

• donner
    15 years ago

Put me on the list for the pattern also. Donna

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

As long as Patricia's okay with that, fine with me. But it will have to be her decision gals.

• donner
    15 years ago

Patricia what do you say?? :)

• flynflower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What do I say? I don't understand. this pattern came from a website that was free of charge. So it is ok for anyone to have it. I just needed someone to help me understand it better. I don't mind it being given to anyone else at all, I appreciate the help so much, I'm sure there's a lot of people this pattern threw off with it's wording. Thank you again so much Donna, I know you have helped a lot of people here .
    Love Patricia

Sponsored
More Discussions