Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP--looking for this pattern

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 1:39

Now that I have finished the table cloth for my son's classmate, I have offered to help a friend with hers. An elderly friend made this gorgeous cloth for her, but her eyesight was so bad that she made the middle two rows partially with another color of white and it really shows. I can either make the cloth smaller by moving her motifs from the edge row into these spots, or I can swap edge motifs that match the top and put the too white motifs on the edge where they won't show up. But I need to find the pattern to do this. Does anyone recognize the pattern and know the name of it? Does anyone know where I could buy the pattern???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP--looking for this pattern

I saw in your follow-up with the close-up photo that you said you looked on eBay. Unless you know the name of the pattern, and eBay search would be really frustrating, I would imagine. Have you tried searching on Ravelry? I wish I could be of help, but I'm clueless. Sorry!

o

Yes, Lindsey, I have looked both places. Someone here found the pattern I needed to help with my other repair job for my son's classmate, so I thought I would give THS another challenge and see if someone can come up with the answer for this problem. I know it is a long shot, but my friend will never use this cloth the way it is. Such a shame as it is so beautiful.

o

Could you perhaps match the color of the white area to the rest of the piece by using a weak tea solution to dye it?

o

Or bleach the whole thing?

o

No, if I tea dye, then it all gets dyed. If I daub just on those white motifs, I have no way to know when I have a perfect match or how to do so evenly. And bleaching might not be exact either, and damaging to the fine thread.

o

I have a few book of my grandmothers and I thought it might be in there, but it wasn't. Although she never used a pattern she did have a few books. If she liked a pattern she would have my aunt or someone crochet a sample and then she'd make her own pattern by looking at the sample. I say this because that old lady may not have used a pattern.

You may have trouble getting those motifs apart. I have made similar patterns like that one. The circles are crocheted and then it is put together and the small motifs are crocheted in 1 piece with the connecting stitches. At least that's how the ones I made were

think you may have a problem moving the motifs.

o

hi
try a colour remove.
francy13

o

hi
try a colour remover. It should help..
francy13

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here