Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking help.......

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 07 at 0:40

I know we have had this discussion before but I can't find it on any of the postings.....what is the needle and yarn work called that is done on the large single knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end? I thought it was something like cro-knit ...... does anyone have any sites where it is explained on how to use the needle with a pattern or two? I'm seeking the information for a senior who was given a couple needles and we are trying to figure out just what to do with them. Thank you. Budster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking help.......

If it has a crochet hook on each end it is the Cro-hook or sometimes called Crochetnit.

o

Budster, try AnniesAttic.com. Some call it Tunisian crochet. I have done it, but can't remember how I did it!
I know Annies still has patterns for it, as I get thier news letters by eamil and have seen some there.

Tami

o

I think you use it to make the afghan stitch. It has another name too, but I forget it. It is one of those projects that I will try one of these blue moons.

o

This might be what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tunisian Crochet

o

Inrtersting link, dragonfly. Thank you for showing me something new.

o
Here are some web sites for you

http://www.crochenit.net/
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/cro-hook_patterns.php
Here are the web sites for free patterns using the chochetnit hook and the cro-hook.
Enjoy!

o

Thanks for all the help. You got us going in the right direction. Budster

o

I'm attempting to make an afghan using the afghan stitch, but the ends are curling up really badly! any of you good folks out there know any ways to un-curl them?

o

It is the nature of the beast. The only thing I am aware of is to make an edging of several rows of some type. And blocking will help, but it really can't be avoided with the afghan stitch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here