Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shoulder Sling Purse

Posted by dollydolots (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 0:31

Hi
Would anyone happen to have this pattern to share? I've been searching for this pattern for ages. Annies Attic no longer has it and I missed out on ebay. I'd be very greatful for any help.
Dolly
1684p1sling shoulder purse.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shoulder Sling Purse

That is georgous! I bet a lot of peeps would want that one too....including me! I love that!

o

Annies Attic has given permission for anyone to share, if they have this pattern.
Dolly

o

this would be a great find. I made a purse last year from the Interweave crochet magazine - Textured Tweed Clutch - that had a similar cluster type stitch but it was too small to be very practical; should have made it larger but like the one you found. Hope someone has the pattern or I guess between us all, we could dope it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Textured Tweed Clutch

o

Hi
This purse is in a booklet called "Annie's Pretty Purses".
I think it was published in 1989.
I am still looking and hope for some luck.
Dolly

o

Thanks Everyone....
I found my pattern. It took a lot of searching and I found it.
dolly

o

does any one have this pattern. it is extremely hard to find.
please get in touch with me if you do. i'd be willing to pay via paypal. thanks, phyllis

o

I have this pattern and can share.

o
But

Someone will have to come up with the name of the pattern. I have so many patterns and a name will be most helpful.

o

received an email for this directly and shared the pattern - it is called Shoulder Sling

o

Yes it is. And I found my pattern as well. Thanks Susan.

o

Donna always has the missing pattern. I wonder how large her pattern stash is. I know my pattern stash has run out of space.

o
My patterns

SheilaJoyce, I have a small room about the size of a half-bath that I call the "library". One wall is lined with bookcases. There is nothing on the opposite wall other than a window. It is just big enough for me to stand against one wall and rifle through the shelves on the opposite wall, LOL. A couple of years ago I bought a huge lot of magazine holders and I have tried to categorize the patterns, but that is a never ending chore because some things could fit into more than one category. I have been endeavoring to scan the patterns and file them on the computer, but I doubt that I will live long enough to finish that either, because the more time I spend doing that, the less time I spend knitting and crocheting. But I can usually lay my hands on what I'm looking for before too long.

o

I would love to have the pattern for this sling purse, could you please e-mail me and tell me what it would cost.. Thank you
joanc0904@aol.com

o

This purse is very similar in design, though not a sling purse. Found it on one of the free pattern websites. Maybe someone will want it. I've not posted an url before, so hope this works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shell Purse

o

I was going to suggest ... before I read that everyone had found what they were looking for ... that Annie's Attic patterns are often found in www.freepatterns.com. As long as you know the exact name of the pattern you are looking for, they are quite easy to find.

Janey (Jane2 here)

o

I would like to have this pattern, too. Please let me know what I need to do to get it. a2965z-craft@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Cynthia

o

I would love to have that pattern. What do I have to do to get a copy? Vique.

o

I would also like to have this pattern. I've been searching for it all afternoon without luck. The only Annies Pretty Purses did not have this pattern so I'm thinking it's a more recent version. Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction to buy the pattern or the book it came in. Thanks,

Pris

o

look for mail

o

Got it, thanks a bunch

o

I'd love to have this pattern to make for Christmas for two sisters!! Someone contact me. I can exchange another pattern for this one. Just let me know what you might want.

o

buckeye --- Paying it forward ---- Let me know if you can't open it.

o

Thanks pris!! I got it fine! Can't wait to get started. Time to go shopping for yarn -- oh boy!

o

Brenoreo, what a cute, little, old fashioned evening bag!

o

can you let us know if that is a regular popcorn stitch?

o

Minnie

If you're talking about the shoulder sling purse it's a shell stitch. A popcorn stich is a little bit different in that the "open" end of the popcorn is pulled together and the dc's don't have the chain one space in the middle.

Is that clear? I'm not always good at explanations.

o

Does someone have the pattern to share with me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

o

Thanks for the info pris

o

please please please if anyone has this pattern, please can you email it to me?? if so my email addy is bebekkah@mail.com and please put crochet pattern in the subject title. thanks. I'm still looking incase I don't get a reply.

i'm also on tumblr.com if you are on there look me up http://been-thinking-out-loud.tumblr.com/

check out my blog
bebekkah.blogspot.com

o

thank you so much ms. donna. you made my day by sending me that pattern!!!! thank you!!!!!

o

Could I please have the pattern also?! mbhesse64@yahoo.com.

o

If anyone still has this pattern I would love to have it. Please, please. :) p-nut2@juno.com Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas.

Sandy

o

Oh, I would love to have this pattern. I have searched everywhere for it.
twindinkle@juno.com

thank you so much!!

o

Hello! I would love to have this pattern if I may. thistlebees.com@gmail.com
Thank you ever so much!

o

Me too please.....this pattern looks like a classic!!.....would love to give it a try.....

cat7@hotmail.com

Many thanks.....

This post was edited by Kanooka on Tue, May 7, 13 at 16:32

o

Could I please have this pattern too?iskandarlyana@gmail.com..thank you very much

o

i would love to have this pattern to make some for granddaughters. thanks

o

forgot my email marc113743@yahoo.com

o

okay crochet nazis come and get me for doing this - I am stage 4 cancer and catch me if you can

ANYONE WANTING THIS PATTERN SEND ME AN EMAIL

sling purse in subject line or it may be missed

kafskorner@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here