Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

A couple of baby blankets

donna_loomis
14 years ago

I made these for a friend to give her two nieces at their joint baby shower a couple of weeks ago. They aren't "regular" baby colors, but were made in each gal's favorite colors. I am told they were a hit at the shower. Thought I'd share with you all.

Comments (12)

• Vickey__MN
    14 years ago

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Vickey-MN

• Babka NorCal 9b
    14 years ago

What Fun! I especially like the edging. I haven't seen that before around hexagons. It makes them real eye-poppers. Love the blankets and I recognize the carpeting too! I had the same kind. ;-)

-Babka

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The edging was not in the original pattern, but when I had finished with the blankets, they were too teeny, even for the smallest baby, so I did some improvising to make them large enough.

Babka, I can't even remember how old that carpet is, but it is on its way out. New linoleum is being laid in the kitchen next Monday and new carpet a couple of weeks after that.

• suebdoo
    14 years ago

Donna,
    Your blankets are beautiful.
    You do such beautiful work and your tension
    is great.

Sue

• milney_51031
    14 years ago

Donna,

Nice job..very pretty. Janice

• lynnlynn
    14 years ago

I love them. Where can one find the pattern for these?

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The pattern (minus the edging) is call Posy Patch and it is in a Leisure Arts book called, "Our Best Baby Blankets". Lots of very pretty crocheted baby blankets in it.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

What a pretty job you did! I must say I don't really have the patience to do numerous motifs for blankets and tablecloths. For some reason, I get bored, yet I can keep going row after row on other patterns.

I made several small blankets on purpose for our newest grandson. He needed some smaller blankets for the cradle, the stroller and to put over him in his car seat. So small works too. I went overboard making huge baby blankets for his big brother, and then they stretched out in the wash too!!!!

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SheilaJoyce, motifs are never really my preference either. I really hate all those ends. There were nearly 200 for each of those blankets, but after completing one color on all the motifs, I would go back and hide the threads from the previous color and that way it wasn't so bad at the end of the project.

Bored? Heck yes! These blankets were small so it wasn't a big deal, but remember when I posted about the Blue Delft HUGE afghan I finished last year? That thing took me nearly five years to complete because it just made me yawn while making it, even though I knew it would be beautiful when finished. I get bored easily. That's why I have to have several projects going at once.

• zarazane
    14 years ago

Donna, I haven't been on this forum for months and the first view I see are your wonderful blankets. Fantastic work and I love the colours. It is challenging to complete this type of project. Lots of finishing off but so rewarding in the end. Hope that they become heirlooms.
    Mimi-Mac in Australia :)

• janniel
    14 years ago

Donna, your work is simply beautiful. I also love the colors and I agree the borders just sets it off.

Janice

• OklaMoni
    14 years ago

Just beautiful Donna! Nice job.

Moni

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions