Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jelly Yarn

Posted by donner (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 22:44

Just saw a web site for jelly yarn today. It's a vinyl cord that you can knit or crochet bags, belts etc. looks interesting. Anyone know about it? here is the site.
Donna
knitting-warehouse.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jelly Yarn

I read somewhere that it was only available through
yummy-yarns....not sure if that info is correct or not, or if it's more prevalent now...looks interesting, though! ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Jelly Yarn site

o

I saw the "yarn" at a club meeting and also a sample of the thicker version knitted on a knitting machine. It would be very good for knitting something like a beach bag or marketing bag.

Since there's virtually no stretch to it, the thinner version would probably work for a belt to wear with jeans or such. The colors are very bright.

The yarn did not slide very well on the on the machine needles, which made it difficult to knit. The woman who showed it was only able to knit it by spraying the needles with lubricant every few rows. You could do the same if you knitted it by hand. The oil can be easily washed off the finished piece.

You'll need to use large needles.

o

Thanks for the coments. I haven't decided if I will order it yet. Maybe I'll wait until it is in stores. (if ever)
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here