Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Easy Afghan Pattern Ever!

Posted by nancybc (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 22:43

H everyone,
I just finished a great Textured Lap Robe that's on freepatterns.com on this page:
http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?mode=list&offset=21&limit=21&status_id=A&cat_id=365
It's a traditional sampler - a beauty and really fun and easy to do. Instead of the yarn shown, I did it with two strands of Phentex Worsted Denim and one strand of Bernat Silk Coastal. I cast on 73 stitches for the three strands. Looks Great! I also used 10 strands for the fringe instead of the 14 shown. Looks better. The afghan drapes beautifully and looks like an expert did it.
Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did!
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Easy Afghan Pattern Ever!

Oh, that does look like an interesting pattern to make. I've downloaded/saved it. I've got so many projects going already, and more on my "to do" list that maybe I can get to this one by the end of the year! I'll probably do it without fringe, though. I'm not a huge fan of fringe. I love the way it looks in the photos, but I have found that in real life fringe always gets tangled up...

o

Yes Ma'm
Ain't that the truth!
I usually avoid fringe on afghans as well but this one will be mostly ornamental so I did it for looks. Fringe is great for scarves but like you, I agree it's easier to snuggle under an afghan without having to brush fringe out of your nose.LOL!
Nancy

o

Those are beautiful items on that site but I couldn't figure out which one you just finished

o

Hi Minnie!
I used to live in the Dallas Ft-Worth area and still have family there.
It's the Textured Lap Robe with the various sampler type sections to it. It looks complicated but the knitting is really just knit and purl. Hope you spot it and put it on your list to do for a present- it's worth the effort!
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here