Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luisa_gw

'Encyclopaedia of knitting and crochet' - the third one

luisa
16 years ago

Hello,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me.

My Nanna taught me how to crochet years ago and I want to take it up again now.

My Dad gave Nanna a book called Encyclopaedia of Knitting and Crochet, which I liked looking through.

I'd like to get another copy of it (don't know where the original is, both Dad and Nanna have since apssed on).

As near as I can tell, it's not the Westfall one nor the Mariano one. It was a large hardcover book with a photo of a girl wearing a multicoloured, square-patches-patchwork type of vest.

It was a thick book and I esp. remember a chapter on a traditional bridal gown which was knitted or crocheted with yarn so fine, the whole dress could be pulled through a wedding ring.

Does anyone know the book I'm talking of? Google only ever gives me Westfall or Mariano, Mariano sounds familiar but cover photos and descriptions don't sound like it.

I hope someone knows the book and can give me more info about it. I guess I don't need it but I would like to track it down for sentimental reasons if at all possible.

Luisa

Comments (3)

• sheilajoyce_gw
    16 years ago

Why not try searching on Ebay or at Amazon.com. They even have out of print books.

• ct_iris
    16 years ago

There is also bookfinder.com - I'm pretty sure that's the name of it.

• luisa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes thank you, I tried all these options. They could only turn up the Westfall or Mariano versions and it's not either of them. It must be pretty obscure which is why I came here, I thought maybe someone here might know it. It was only a 1980's publication.
    Thanks for your help, I'll keep looking.
    Luisa

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions