New pattern, toddler slippers
Bradley's Slippers

Not felted, but for the heck of it, sock monkey hat modled by my husband
Sock Monkey Hat

Vickey-MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More felting pictures

Those look so nice and toasty, Vickey. I'm still not brave enough to try felting. Good job.

o

I just tried my first felting project - was afraid to try the slippers first so made a purse. Felted it in the machine this morning and it is now drying and looks like it came out fine. After it is dry, I'll take and post a picture. Had a bit of yarn left so I made a small envelope purse for inside to hold my iPod and/or train/subway tickets, etc.

Donna, if I can do this, you definitely can.

Thanks for the encouragement Vickey to try something new. Now, to buy more wool for clogs.

o

Donna, it really is easy to felt. Start with a hat or purse, get the wool from Michaels...on sale it's about $5...so you're not out much. use a free pattern from Ravelry. Be bold, and you'll surprise yourself how easy it really is. Did I say BE BOLD. If you don't like it, you're out $5 and can say..i tried, and i hated it.

Vickey-MN

o

OK, here is the purse I made using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool - the maple tweed. I am happy with it and plan to transfer my stuff from the crocheted tapestry one I made in the fall. Thinking of doing one like that for felting so I added a picture of that one to show you also - pattern from Interweave Crochet magazine.
felted purse and ipod case
Interweave Purse

Here is a link that might be useful: April Felted Wavy Bag

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here