Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scarf for 2-year-old

Posted by lindsey_ca (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 08 at 21:32

A friend has asked me to make a scarf for his 2-year-old daughter. He gave no other details other than "she loves purple."

So, I bought some "Blossom" yarn by Trendsetter, in the purple color. I'm just going to do a simple garter stitch scarf, because the little colored "fluffs" that stick out will be enough of a "design" for a toddler (at least, I'm hoping she's not yet a fashion diva!).

But, I really don't know how long/short it should be. Not having had any children, and this being the first scarf that I've made for a toddler, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Can you folks help with a measurement? THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scarf for 2-year-old

Lindsey,
24" should do fine for a 2 year old. try this website for some cool patterns and info:www.bevscountrycottage.com
Good luck with your project.

o

Thank you for the measurement and the link!

o

Thank you, qiviut, for the message you sent. I'll pass that info on to my friend. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here