Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
converting cross stitch to an afghan pattern

Posted by ladybuglove (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 09 at 18:39

Hi I was looking thru my mary maxim patterns and decided to look up the designer that did the winterfeast afghan from mary maxim. and found out that it is the same designer who did the black stalion afghan she has in a kit right now.

I can get the crosstitch pattern for a fraction of what marys kit cost. My question is. IS how hard is it to convert the crosstitch pattern over to a usable pattern to crochet an afghan. I love doing afghans from graphs but have never tryed converting on my own any suggestion.

thanks everyone in advance. everyone is always so helpful.

and if there is someone who can save me from doing this converting email me thanks again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: converting cross stitch to an afghan pattern

Each x in cross stitching equals one stitch in crocheting. I frequently make my own graph using a cross stitching design program called PC Stitch. As a matter of fact, I'm working on one of them right now.

Before you start working, crochet a 10 st x 10 row square to get a feel for how big the blanket will be and give consideration to how big you want it and how to accomodate. There really is no "conversion" necessary.

o

If you have the picture, you can upload to this site and it will give you the graph. I have used this in the past to convert graphics for crocheting see Tigger - found picture on web, uploaded and got graph:
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: KnitPro 2.0

o

Thank you both for your help. I will get the crosstitch pattern and see how intricate the color scheme is.

Thanks for the knitpro site I had plans on making a afghan from some favorite cartoon charcters and had the pics but had not put them to a graph yet and this was a big help in that. So I will be playing with that site for awhile.

Thanks again for both of your help I really appreciate it

and i love your tigger afghan it looks great.

o

Sue, love the tigger afghan, you did a terrific job!!
Marlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here