Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone read 'Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off'???

Posted by ct_iris (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 08 at 17:45

This book is hilarious! I recognize myself on so many pages. I borrowed it from the library but am thinking of buying a copy for myself. It's sub-titled "The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting" - no patterns, but lot's of info, encouragement and inspiration. And laughs!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone read 'Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off'???

I'm reading Yarn Harlot, Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie McPhee. Sometimes it really is funny because I see myself in what she's writing. One chapter wasn't so funny though, the one where she thought she had "cereal" moths but of course it turned out to be moths infesting her precious yarn stash. I never thought much about moths, but I know they lay their eggs in wool. I'm more careful now.

o
RE: Has anyone read 'Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off'???

I've got "At Knit's End." All of Stephanie's stuff is a hoot. I loved the story of the well-meaning relative that used to knit mittens for Stephanie's family and their cousins. She'd send one mitten from each pair to each family to encourage them to get together to match their mittens. Interesting idea, but since they lived like a 1000 miles apart, it never happened and they never did get to have matching mittens.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here